By IDPlease - 07/12/2018 03:00

Today my job started requiring all transactions regarding cigarettes or alcohol to have the ID scanned before proceeding. There is no way yo bypass this function. I carded a 60 year old man and his 40 year old son who both yelled at me for 10 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 937
You deserved it 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The are idiots. Almost all stores card now a days, regardless of age

darkenedone 27

Why is there no comma after 'today' or bolding of the word?

Comments

Reason #28 I wouldn't last a day in retail... "Sirs you can yell at me all you want, but if you want the booze, I need your ID. If you would prefer to keep yelling, please step aside, there is a line."

EmDizzle2007 28

it took ten minutes to ring them up??

EmDizzle2007 28

so they hung around for a solid ten minutes after the transaction just to complain?? honestly, I can see it happening.

PenguinPal3017 19

why do you assume they would leave as soon as it was done?

EmDizzle2007 28

I made the mistake of assuming they were decent humans.

Where I live we have what they call a Banned Drinker Register (BDR). When buying alcohol every drivers license has to be scanned to check the register(and age) for the transaction to go through much the same as yours I assume. 99% of people have no problem with it, in fact we voted for it as it cuts down on alcohol related crime. The only people that have a problem are the people on the register. Also im not sure about where you live but In Australia if a customer starts yelling and abusing you then you are perfectly within your rights to tell them to get the f*** out, done it many times myself.

You should speak to the manager and ask for signs to be put up with regards to the new policy. Customers will question you about the new policy, but at least they won't take it out on you (and accuse you of being difficult). It also saves customers from having to dig through their wallets/purses for an ID.

GUYMAINE 16

"im sorry all complaints must be taken to the manager"

I hate when people yell at cashiers when they're just following store policy/rules. They can't help if it's stupid; they just have to do it. Seriously, they wasted more time arguing about it than just showing ID and going on their way.

Red Swingle 5

I hate people. They're so stupidly spoiled

They need to learn patience everyone gets carded no matter what my 70 year old grandfather did when he just wanted a angry orchard

emmiliejanne 9

I know how you feel! I used to work at a club where we scanned IDs prior to entry.. I got yelled at multiple times each night - no scan = no entry, no matter what your age!!