By Anonymous - 15/07/2009 06:58 - Canada

Today, my husband rescued our daughter's cat from a tree. She spent the next hour clapping and telling me how much of a hero he was. Last night at 2am I was awoken by meowing and had to rescue the same cat from the same tree, in the dark, and halfway down he shit on me. No one called me a hero. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 952
You deserved it 5 943

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Leave it in the tree, it will come down. Have u ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?

I guess she wasn't able to witness it so it didn't have such a big impact. maybe you should keep kitty inside!

Comments

Why should you feel bad that your daughter called your husband her hero? I mean you shouldn't d othings for gratification. You should feel happy for your husband and glad you did something for her because you are her mother. Kids have a very limited perspective but they learn from observation. Don't hold jealousy against him because he did in the day and you did it in the dark. People wanting to be rewarded for everything they do is a big problem these days. Religiously and secularly people want to be rewarded in some way or they don't want to do it. This is pure selfishness. What ever happened to doign something for someone you love just because it will be for them. (I understand the motivation theory on this and I am not talking about that).

I agree. This is just selfish. Would the OP have even saved the cat if there was no possibility of being praised?

Chocolate_Chunk 2

I think the last bit was just sarcasm and the FML is actually that she had to rescue the cat 3 AM and gets shitted on for it - not that she diddn't get praise

why would you want to? it's kind of freaky that you'd say that...

ahahahahaha i laughed so bad when i saw your comment.

agree with 117 this is incredibly funny!!

Oh boo ******* hoo. I kind of want to punch you a little bit. Being a parent is a thankless job, you just have to get over it. You can't expect someone to be waiting there with a medal and roses each time you go out of your way for someone.

PeeNaught 3

Perfectly said!! Couldn't agree with you more...

6SiC6Magg0tKnot 0

YDI. Thats what you get for being an inbred canadian. I bet your daughter is also your sister since you're all inbreds.

kelseysue92 0

maybe you should make it an indoor cat...

Cats can still slip out doors when someone isn't paying attention.

A hero needs no accolades, though it's nice not to be shit on...

Ahm that sucks. I guess if nobody sees it being stuck then nobody is worried about it and nobody's relieved when you saved it. At least you know your a hero!

Thisnametaken 0

At two in the morning, I would leave the cat in the tree. If it kept meowing loud enough to wake me up, I would throw a shoe at it. LOL Yes, people I'm kidding, well about the shoe part anyway.