By Anonymous - 29/01/2012 19:10 - United States

Today, my girlfriend started a month-long period of not talking to me. One of her male friends, who is a self-styled astrologist, told her there are "bad omens" in our relationship for the coming weeks. I don't know if I should dump her for being gullible or just plain stupid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 414
You deserved it 3 766

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should really date smarter people

Dump her... Really what's the point if she won't talk to you?

Comments

maidofawesome 0

Just dump her for both reasons

monkiki62 5

Dump her? Ur retarded. Beat said astrologer dudes ass for planting the seed in her head. It's not her fault if she's into astrology that's just what she likes you ass.

No it's her fault for being a dumbass who is so stupid she believes her idiot of a friend.

el_chicharito_14 0

You know, when insulting someone's intelligence, it's a good idea to use proper spelling and grammar.

Just throwing this out there, but I didn't see anything there that said she likes astrology.

bigAC 6

"today my girlfriend started a month-long period. FML"

skyttlz 32

I giggled quietly when I read that part.

"It's written in the stars. A million miles away." - Does her male friend happen to be Tinie Tempah?

Dumping someone for believing in astrology is stupider than people believing in Flying Spagetti Monsters. It will do you no harm to let her believe in it and it will do you no harm to spend a month away from her doing your own stuff. Just wait it out and then when your relationship is shown to be fine, you can tell her that her friend must have been mistaken. Besides, I doubt you would go around call Christians or Muslims or Buddists 'gullible' or 'plain stupid' for what they believe so let her believe what she wants, it will do you no harm.

AngelBRockin 1

S/O to you 24 for saying the word "stupider" while trying to prove a point. Ayyyy!!!!

Almighty_Chris97 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Almighty_Chris97 6

Thanks man, that wasn't a hostile comment at all.

Easy, everybody....don't take the bait.

Ins_Knie 2

Nobody believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Read up on the roots of that 'religion'. It's actually pretty funny.

flockz 19

great, just another religious debate. i'm going to go do something useful, like vomit in a cat litter box, instead of listening to this crap and bursting into flames.

quite_bored 9

Of course the 14 year old that doesn't even have an idea about what he even believes in yet is going to say something stupid.

"It will do no harm letting her believe in it," you say, after reading an FML about the precise strain it's put on the relationship. Also, beliefs are not immune to scrutiny. Abstract theism (the existence/nonexistence of some godlike entity) is a "Devil's Proof" you can't really discount completely, so it's not really a good reason to totally rage on someone. Astrology, however, makes specific claims, which have been specifically tested and failed to prove themselves. Persisting in believing in it despite that is a separate tier of self-delusion.

perdix 29

You don't seem too bright yourself. She is displaying her stupidity in this case through her gullibility. They are not two separate reasons for dumping her. You know what they say, "Silence is golden ... duct tape is silver;)"

Being gullible is good for many things ;)

izzy7 11

Both seem like valid reasons to me.