By eggman 583 - 13/09/2016 21:12 - United States - Massapequa

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because I was, "trying to change her." A week ago I asked her to stop talking to the 6 guys that have all previously asked her for nudes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 562
You deserved it 1 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

redcode5 17

Dumb bitch should have been dropped earlier, you are much better off without her OP.

It's the fact that they asked her for nudes. Not that she talks to some guys...

Comments

So some guys ask her for nudes and this is suddenly her fault? I get why you were uncomfortable but asking her to cut them out of her life is stupid. A simple no is very effective. It's not like she was encouraging that type of stuff, sending or receiving nudes, or flirting (and if she was that's kinda an important part of the FML). I know I'd break up with you if I were your gf, because I'd expect you to trust me enough to know that nothing would come of those unreciprocated requests for nudes.

Are you seriously trying to make OP the bad guy in this?! No, his ex-girlfriend is the bad guy! You do NOT talk to six people who ask you for nudes when you are in a relationship. You DON'T. This would be a pretty serious thing in most relationships and I doubt most people would tolerate that sort of behaviour. She did him a favour by ridding him of her, he doesn't need that shit in his life.

And who made you the judge on what is acceptable in a relationship and what isn't? Apparently this is news for you, but there's no rules that universally apply to all relationships.

#38 It's called 'decency' maybe you've heard of it? Everyone's relationship is different but they all have the exact same basic principles: trust and loyalty. If one partner violates either of these things then that's a problem.

The number of people here calling her a ***** for guys asking her for pictures with no sign that she gives them out or even encourages them is disgusting. I'm still friends with the majority of my exes. I've been in the wedding party of people who've seen me naked in real life. I've been friends with one of them for 20 years. We dated a few months in college. Any guy who tells me I can't talk to him anymore because he was attracted to me once can get the hell out of my life. Also I'm sure that there's no double standards going on. That OP has no interaction ever with any woman who's been attracted to him and people would agree FML with a woman who complains about her boyfriend having female friends who are attracted to him even if he doesn't act on that and she thinks he shouldn't talk to them anymore.

nightstalker94 18

Can't turn a hoe into a housewife. You can do better OP, life goes on.

neuronerd 28

Question, had they been asking for nudes while she was in the relationship with you, or we're those past offenses? Also, had she obliged? Most all of my guy friends have been interested in me at one point or another, and if I dated someone who told me I couldn't talk to my friends because they had found me attractive at one point, I'd be upset too. On the other hand, if they were currently asking her and she was flirting back, you're better off without her.

Thank your lucky stars! Now respect yourself and don't date people like her. That's NOT normal behavior, dude

Wickedwildjoker6 2

I feel like asking her to stop talking to six different people is a lot to ask. If you have to do that, yep, the relationship probably wasn't going anywhere. Did they ask her for nudes before your relationship? If these requests were long gone and they're good friends, I think yes, that could be considered controlling and unreasonable. It is reasonable that you not be interested in a girl with friends who ever behaved that way, but if she likes those friends, it's probably best you part ways. Sounds like you have different perspectives. Doesn't mean she's a terrible person, like so many seem to imply, if these things happened prior to your relationship.

I have a girl that comes over on the regular. Beautiful girl, funny, intelligent, cute, amazing body. But for some reason she is addicted to the attention random guys give her on Facebook (including the guys begging for nudes) She even responds to the guys who aren't exactly high quality. Then she's confused as to why I don't want to make a commitment with her. You're better off OP. If she needs that much attention, you'll never be enough.