By sexyyy - 07/12/2009 19:18 - Belgium

Today, my family and I were discussing my birthday in a couple weeks. As they asked what I wanted, I told them it was up to them. So my mother suggested that she'll get me electrolysis so I wouldn't have to worry about my mustache in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 755
You deserved it 5 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's nice of her. You went through life with a mustache, and she just wants to help you out. Be honest, if you need it, you need it. She's helping you out.

This is the kind of gift that you truly will appreciate later on when you can go out into the bright sunlight with a cute guy without worry that he'll see dark hair on your upper lip. People can be cruel, even into college, so go for it and be happy about it!

Comments

I think it was considerate of her, as long as it was at least a semi-private conversation. Apparently your mom is aware of it, and doesn't want you to agonize over it. It's very thoughtful, and if you are unaware of "unsightly" hairs appearing, then be thankful your mom pointed it out, rather than a potential boyfriend. It's also possible that she was suggesting it as a preventative measure, as opposed to a drastic measure to erradicate an overwhelming issue. If you do end up with a moustache coming in.. DON"T shave it or pluck it.. just bleach it, and then if there's one or two hairs that go crazy, only pluck those. I had a neighbor that issues with body hair and my gf told her about bleaching, and it made a hell of a difference for her. It's just a shame she didn't know about that when the problem started.

Sounds like mom is an intelligent woman who doesn't want her daughter to be secretly ridiculed. As a man who dislikes women that have mustaches, I can say I wish there were more people in the world willing to say things like this to their loved ones. Do you appreciate it when people tell you you have a booger in your nose, piece of food in your teeth? Same thing.

if you really needed it then it was a nice thought. i say take it and be hair free

kmhello313 0

What makes me laugh is that you have a mustache yet you made your username sexyyy. Proves the point you really can't trust people on the web, you may think you're talkin to a hot chick and end up with the bearded lady lol

what you dont realise is that you have a good mother because she told you the truth get the electroysis and you wont get made fun of behid your back all the way the through college! soo this is not FML!

HAHAHAHA mais si tu savais ce que tu voulais fallait pas dire ca ! puis t'en fou tsai..c'est pas la mort =) au moins ils t'ont offert un truc meme si sa a l'air schmedt =P

I would appriciate that. I come from a long line of Italians and all the women in our family have to get upper lip waxes. Even my 3 year old(female) cusion is growing one! You should appriciate it. Some people can't afford to get lazer hair removal.

skateraid112 2

i mean why u gottta talk about the stash