By sexyyy - 07/12/2009 19:18 - Belgium

Today, my family and I were discussing my birthday in a couple weeks. As they asked what I wanted, I told them it was up to them. So my mother suggested that she'll get me electrolysis so I wouldn't have to worry about my mustache in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 752
You deserved it 5 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's nice of her. You went through life with a mustache, and she just wants to help you out. Be honest, if you need it, you need it. She's helping you out.

This is the kind of gift that you truly will appreciate later on when you can go out into the bright sunlight with a cute guy without worry that he'll see dark hair on your upper lip. People can be cruel, even into college, so go for it and be happy about it!

Comments

pattheaninal 9

Why the **** are you complaining you inconsiderate bitch! Don't expect a car at your doorstep!

your mother wanting you to actually look feminine and attractive while boosting your confidence is an FML how? **** you, OP. you're lucky your mother gives a shit about you enough to spend that much money on something to bolster your self-esteem.

SighOfTheWorld 7

This isn't an FML at all - I had asked for electrolysis for many years for each birthday and Christmas and my mom wouldn't let me. So you are actually pretty lucky.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

the real FML is that the OP has been living with a moustache for almost all of high school, she is probably one of those girls who complains that everyone makes fun of her, yet she does nothing to change her hairy beastly self

glorbnakcs 0

Well, if you aren't going to go through with the procedure, just make sure to wear a mustache net when you're making your man a sammich.

truladyred 0

This isn't a FML... this is an IMMD. Seriously, why would you complain?

YDI for trying to have a better tache than Burt Reynolds

Let me ask the question that is no doubt lingering in the back of everyone's mind here: WHAT THE ****?!? You have a mustache. I'm sure we can all agree here that that's not normal for a girl. So your loving parents want to surprise you by offering to pay for a electrolysis. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COSTS? It's definitely not cheap. Instead of just tossing you a bottle of Nair, they want to make sure the problem goes away and doesn't come back, whatever way possible. They obviously love you, but all you can say to that is "**** my life"?

#23, firstly, most women have some hair above their upper lip (see discussing in a previous related FML). second, electrolysis doesn't mean the hair doesn't come back. it may work for some people, but not for others. however, this is a problem her mother should discuss with OP in private, since it's a sensitive issue. and electrolysis as a birthday present? maybe i'm just old fashioned, but come on.

Ok, understandable, but the OP was definitely implying that she has more hair than other females. And what's the need to be "old fashioned" with gifts? I just receive money for my birthday, and I'm fine with that.

i'm just saying, a lot of us have to wax/bleach. because in this society is it unacceptable for a woman to have hair there. and electrolysis as a birthday present is just strange, i usually get jewelry.

Lol, then maybe it's because I'm a guy. But even if it is unfair that society makes it unacceptable to have hair there, having it won't really change that, would it?

i mean, even if it were acceptable to be a hairy female neanderthal, i still wouldn't be lol. i'm a bit of a hairphobe.

see i would actuallyy be so damn thankful for that gift! :D