By loko0909 - 04/01/2016 04:57 - United States - Cincinnati

Spicy
Today, my ex-boyfriend admitted the reason he broke up with me was because he cheated and felt awful about it. The girl is now pregnant, but he swears it isn't his. Guess we'll find out in a few months if my daughter has a sibling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 863
You deserved it 2 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

step kids, so much fun. maybe you could all move in together and get a TV show out of it.

Comments

You guys are still guy shaming.. At least he was decent enough to end it?

countryb_cth 38

He ended it because he felt guilty for cheating. Meaning he cheated and then broke up with her.

savagetitan 13

wouldn't that mean your pregnant?

uhnevermind 24

The children would share a father, not a mother.

#13, If the ex is the father of the other child, they will be half siblings. OP is not the pregnant girl in the FML.

Just remember that if it is his, its for the children's interest that they know about each other and hopefully bond like siblings should. I love my daughters half brother like he is my own even if he's not my son. He still calls me daddy even though he lives with his mom and his father.

AlphaWolf0722 18

Wholeheartedly agree. I have both a half brother and a half sister (maternal) and love both as if they were full.

I think it depends on how involved the dad wants to be in both kids lives. I have a half brother who lived with me growing up. But his mom didn't want to be in his life, so he had no relationship with his other half siblings.

He broke up with you because HE made a mistake? Yeah, that makes sense. He could have at least given you the satisfaction of ending the relationship.

They meant he denied OP the satisfaction of her being the one to end it. Learn to interpret text before calling people idiots.

Time to get to know the other woman I guess? See about getting along, after all you don't know if she knew he was with someone.

Well in a perfect world, sure, but that's not realistic. People have sex and you can't expect them to only have sex with someone they want to be with forever or are okay with having children with. There are people who don't want to have kids ever, should they just be celibate? That's why condoms and other forms of birth control are so awesome. Also, there's nothing wrong with being a single parent. It's not easy, but you can raise a kid well and in a loving and supporting environment with just one parent :)

On that note, no one should feel like they need to marry someone because of an unplanned pregnancy. That could turn out to be a really unhealthy relationship if the only thing holding it together is the kid. And it could create a toxic environment for everyone involved, including the child. People should consider all of their options in that situation.

Cheating bareback. Brilliant, always make sure to have physical proof you cheated.