By dracer - 04/02/2010 02:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of three years who I helped through drug rehab and find employment in my office left me for someone else. His explanation was that now that his "head is not clouded with chemicals" and he "makes decent money", he wants to settle down with someone worthy of him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 973
You deserved it 3 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

exceswater 8

send him some drugs... to bring him back...

He's not ****** up for using drugs in the first place. He's a dick for dumping her after she cleaned him up, got him sober, AND helped him get a job where she works. The fact that he justifies his actions by saying that he wants to settle down with someone whose worthy of HIM makes what he did even worse.

Comments

that's eat you get for having a drug using boyfriend

Malinkrot 3

It's cute how you see the world in black and white

It's cute how you troll on people's comments. get a life. OP shouldn't be with potheads anyway.

expen_dable 0

It's cute how you think people go to drug rehab for pot...

It's so cute that you guys don't know that people who go through rehab, and are serious about it, usually try to cut ties with everything from their former life. Since she obviously was there before, he probably needs to cut ties so he doesn't go back down a bad path. Also, OP is a woman and therefore probably reading far too much into it. There are no quotes around "someone worthy of him," so I'm going to take a (not-so-big) leap and say that is what she surmised, herself.

AMEN. Couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes starting over really means cutting ALL ties.

Yeah, my ex is a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. Has 16? years clean and sober now. When he decided it was enough, he cut ties with everyone that wasn't family. Most of his friends are recovering addicts, and Ive been with a couple friends to either NA meetings or AA meetings as a form of support. For the most part, they have to cut out anyone who could have been an enabler in the past. If she was his gf before he got cleaned up, she could very well have been one. It just says she helped him through drug rehab. That doesn't mean she was the one who made him go.

Malinkrot 3

My comment has nothing to do with cutting ties with people, and it doesn't look like anyone elses does either, so I have no clue what you are going on about...

I didn't know that. They try to "cut ties" with things that connect them to a sort of former life of drug use? Huh. That's interesting... o.o I still feel bad for OP. You don't just leave someone who dedicated time and energy in helping you for someone else once you're back on your feet and perhaps imply he found her attractive because of the "chemicals" clouding his brain. >.

it's cute how you troll on other people trolling on peoples comments (trolling? wtf?)

djaurelius62 0

but shouldnt u think that after she's done 4 him, she should be more than worthy. **** him that ungrateful bastard

bugmenotmofo 34

When he said someone 'worthy of him', he meant someone who's as pathetic as him. :)

olisykes_ 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
chuckbednarik78 0

Or he could be really ignorant and self-absorbed.

And you're an asshole, #3. Explains why you're not #1.

agreed! I dated a former drug dealer and then he started dealing again and then dumped me cause he was 'too ****** up to love'. *sigh* still have strong feelings for that boy anyway, OP your former boyfriend is a DICK!

AntiChrist7 0

Why would you date junks anyway? YDI big time

Malinkrot 3

Another dumb little kid that see's the world in black and white. Not everyone who is in rehab is a lowlife junkie. My uncle was hit by a drunk driver, perscribed Oxycontin, and became hooked on it (it's VERY easy to get hooked on opiates). His addiction took over his life and it took him 2 years to get clean. But since you probably know nothing about the real world, all you know is what Officer Friendly came and told you in DARE class.

ha. those DARE classes were funny. very black and white but at that age, that's how kids' minds work.

uhhh... no, not really. by saying that kids think in "right" and "wrong" with nothing in between, and adults don't, ur actually being more black-and-white than the kids that ur describing.

cooly1100 0

Well, obviously she knows that now. Hindsight's always 20:20. Also, it's "should have", not "should of".

you should undo his help with a little bit of drugs (6)

viper63 0
sugarbabyxoxo 2

wow you people sicken me! because he uses drugs doesn't make him horrible. I used to heavily use drugs too. used to* being key in this. I also helped my boyfriend stop. I got to wrapped up on partying. shit happens don't be so stuck up!

He's not ****** up for using drugs in the first place. He's a dick for dumping her after she cleaned him up, got him sober, AND helped him get a job where she works. The fact that he justifies his actions by saying that he wants to settle down with someone whose worthy of HIM makes what he did even worse.

LaceyCakes 0

This is exactly what I thought. Good riddance to that asshole.