By nosymptoms - 10/02/2012 00:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend of three months told me he's going to get tested for STDs, because he's worried about a previous partner. I'm grateful for his thoughtfulness, but I'd be even more grateful if we hadn't already slept together several times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 769
You deserved it 7 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shelbyyyyyyy 4

Maybe thats his way of sayin he cheated

ninjuh_wingman 29

You can always hope he doesnt have any. If he does, better hope its not herpes.

Comments

JellyBearBear 4

So you are a ***** if you have sex with your boyfriend???

Forever alone? Just because you don't have sex, doesn't mean other people don't

Were those 'several times' safe sex with a dom? If not ydi, if so, stress less and get yourself checked as well, doesn't take long.

Why specifically with a dom? Subs can spread VD just as easily, you know.

I was trying to make sense of that comment too. I think "dom" is used here as an abbreviation of "condom". But as you pointed out, that abbreviation already has a meaning in sexual contexts, so it's a no-go to give it this new meaning.

Different countries, different slang, yes I meant Condom.

If you've used a condom like sane people would do, u have nothing to worry about right?

Michael_92 20

A condom isn't some magic barrier that pretexts you from everything.

Wrong. I'm really surprised by how many people think condoms prevent STD's. They prevent some, but comparatively few. Research, people. Or read the damn condom box.

Michael_92 20

Yea can I blame swipe on that smooth one? Kinda shocked I didn't see that.

****. That. I would kill a MF like for real lol

It's possible he didn't think about until now. He could have heard a rumor about her having one, or maybe he's got something going on with his manly parts that seems off to him. Talk to him about it and ask him why he wants to do this all of a sudden since you and him have already slept together and why he didn't think about it before hand. I definitely get your annoyance, but you have to remember that stds can take months, sometimes even years, before symptoms become noticeable. Most things are curable these days though, and I also know that since UTIs are less common in men, and a burning sensation during urination is also the most common std symptom, a lot of guys freak out about those.

Michael_92 20

This is the longest thread starter I have seen, congrats. Onto the post I COMPLETELY agree with you. Best comment so far.

lliki 0

Maybe he was really thinking you cheated

savannah_07 3

You both should have been tested before having sex!

Thank you! I was gonna say this. People are in way too much of a hurry to drop trou. Stop and think, people!

It can take years to show up though that's the problem. Best bet #1 talk about one another's sexual history including any and all one nighters also wait awhile into a relationship before taking off your pants. Get to know the person.

Babyseal420 7

I used to have sex, then I took an STD to the genitals.

xbella 8

should've been more careful, and not so easy.

hellogoodbye1996 6

I was thinking the exact same thing!!

batummshakalaka 1

Oh yeah, good point. Only easy people get STD's.