By Anonymous - 22/06/2010 20:12 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of over 2 years said he wants to get married before he leaves for basic training. Not because he loves me, but because he'll get paid more if he's married. This is the only time he's been excited about marriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 811
You deserved it 4 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jynxpawzz 11

Wow. My husband and I just got married today. He's also in the military. And he could care less about the money. I mean yea, it's going to help with bills for our house and stuff but we got married because we love each other. And let me tell you. being apart is the hardest thing ever. so if he's only thinking about the money don't bother in putting yourself through a long distance relationship. seriously.

Comments

Shiskie 0

i had a best friend and she was very controlling in the end once her relationship with her bf wasnt going well. she told me it was either my bf (who had caught her in every lie she had told to me and him within the past year) or her. i chose my bf...and shorty later to "seal their love" they got married, a week before he went to training in the air force. they planned to get married a year from now but the money they would get was worth more then a real wedding. they court housed married in flipflops. hes cheated on her three times in the past 6months of dating. they've been dating for only 8. the money is a bonus... but if t=your these two thats the only reason why they got married.

it's not his fault they should scrap the married couples allowance and have one for living together?

lol If u rlly love the guy I don't c why not.

sounds like my boyfriend… I didn't do it!!

Huss50 0

ur getting married and you'll have military perks... you are getting hooked up

nice! he gets the girl and the money! :D

u can cheat while he's away. like in dear John :)

jademariie 0

sounds like you need a new man

Honestly and sincerely, run away and never look back. I see this all the time at my work, soldiers getting married and keeping the money for themselves, not sending a dime back.