By Anonymous - 30/06/2016 20:42 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, my boss threw me out of her office during a conference call for daring to correct her. The client fired the company because she subsequently got all the information on the call wrong, and plainly had no idea what was going on. From all the screaming, this is now all my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 017
You deserved it 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes you have to watch people fail on their own. If you try to help them, they just use you as a scapegoat for their ignorance.

dietcoke09 25

It sucks when people higher up think they know everything when they know nothing. Try not to worry too much, once she cools off she'll realize her mistake. Hopefully!

Comments

marcusling 4

It's obviously your fault because if a woman knows what she's talking about she doesn't you to mansplain it to/for her.

It probably wasn't your place to correct her like that, and subsequently embarrass her "in front of" a client. I would've been pissed off too.

If you don't know the answer you tell the client that you will get back to them. Frankly I'd say that attitude indicates that as a boss you value your fragile overly inflated ego over providing good service to your customers and it's a sign that you are a poor manager. There are a lot of details we don't know from OP's story. It's often possible to correct your boss in a way that is not embarrassing. As a manager. Your job is to be up to speed on the project details before a conference call. The reason you have employees on the project in the room with you is so they can answer any questions on aspects of the project they are more familiar with.

species4872 19

You should have shut up and let the bitch drown in her own incompetence.

The company means your boss is not at the top. You can simply say she would not let you be in the office during the conference call, and maybe the client will back you up. The company will fire her, and not you for her stupidity.

BloodyGlass 10

I wonder how much screaming she's going to do when she's fired after you report her to the higher ups? :)

time to move, buddy.. you've prove enough

Ultimately if she had been prepared this would not happen. Report this behaviour to her boss or HR if she dares to yell at you again. Thank you European Employment Laws which protect employees from those horrible bosses!