By Squinty6 - 02/03/2011 15:28 - Canada

Today, my boss lectured me on the evils of alcohol and how it was 'prohibited' during the 1980s. I said nothing because he hates being corrected. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 969
You deserved it 3 995

Same thing different taste

Top comments

541MedfazWcM 0

who cares correct his dumbass :)

Not when consumed responsibly it isn't

Comments

hotfire458 8

Wow, your boss fell asleep in history class, alcohol was illegal in the 1920's...

In the U.S. it was. In Canada where the OP is it prohibited from 1907 to 1948.

That's only PEI. In the other provinces prohibition only lasted up to 1930. :) Your boss is an idiot OP, and probably fairly young. Wouldn't they remember the 80's?

mkrone 0

No offense, but only canadians give a shit about Canada.

if you where pants with zippers or no anyone with diabetes or use any kind of phone then you "give a shit" about Canada

I was aware that in other providence prohibition had a shorter time period. I just stuck with the one because it was the longest one that was 1) still no where near the 1980s and 2) obviously started before prohibition in the U.S.A.

cindayy77 0

#70 I have a Canadian friend... and it seems cool to visit her in canada... Canada's a cool country if you think about it

shrdlu 28

I support the OP! I say he did the right thing in that situation, unless either the job required knowing the history of prohibition or the employee's drinking was affecting his work. We are ALL going to encounter ignorance in others, but when it's from a boss or teacher it's usually better to grit one's teeth and put up with it. Aren't there other FMLs here by people who corrected their bosses on some small irrelevant matter and got fired? :-)

Stupid wannabe know-it-all bosses. My boyfriend had the same problem with his boss, but now he's the boss and doesn't have to put up with it anymore.

sorry, but is your boss David Brent? .__.

sublime420 11
kidskater24 0

prohibition was in the 1920's right?