By Anonymous - 22/11/2014 21:08 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, I woke up, only to find my Xbox missing. Thankfully I have a security camera discreetly wired up in the tree on my lawn. Checking the tapes, I saw my brother park outside my house, let himself in with his spare key, then drive off with my missing equipment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 274
You deserved it 2 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mom: Let your brother play your Gamebox!

At least you know who has it. I really hope your brother is not involved in something nasty. I have a friend whose game console was stolen by her boyfriend so he can sell it and get drugs with that money. :-

Comments

If he needed an Xbox, well, there are places where they sell them! I would beat the crap out of my brother if he did that. Figuratively since I'm an only child.

Mom: Let your brother play your Gamebox!

I would like this but it's at 123, so... Sorry lol

This definitely needs a follow up, who knows if your brother was close to you etc. FYL.

asnakelovinbabe 16

Well if he has a spare key..... They're probably at least kind of close.

I guess that's better than a stranger?

Yup, OP can now proceed to go to his brother and take his xbox (and the key so he won't steal again) back.

And swipe something of his to show him how it feels.

At least you know who has it. I really hope your brother is not involved in something nasty. I have a friend whose game console was stolen by her boyfriend so he can sell it and get drugs with that money. :-

this isnt bad. depends on the drug... (SARCASM)

^Doesn't use capital letters at the start of a sentence, uses them when not needed.

SystemofaBlink41 27

^Why are we talking like this?

MzZombicidal 36

I disagree but respect your right to your opinion my good man! Good day and great health to you.

MzZombicidal, I do believe the proper response is among the lines of : 'FK U FGT i bet ur not mlg 1v1 me club penguin ur not even sponsored by Mtn Dew.' Or of the sorts.......

SauceySarah 30

Who does that to their own sibling?

@8 - I bought my ex a safe for our anniversary because her family would always steal her stuff and sell it for drugs. It wasn't huge, but it kept some of the smaller valuables from being taken.

my brother decided to come over and take all the parts he needed off of one of my trucks when he got one similar to it. without ever asking. siblings have a 'what's yours is mine' mentality. at least mine do

Agreed^ this sounds like a lot of sibling relationships. Then there's other relationships where this is ok. If my brother wasn't home and I couldn't get a hold of him but wanted to borrow his xbox he would have no problem with my letting myself in to borrow it. However I would try and get a hold of him and If I couldn't I would've left him a note so he knew where it was. Kind of mean and weird not to ask first or at least leave a note.

Does it make us bad people if my sister and I do this to each other all the time? Me: "Where's my dress?" Sister: Yeah borrowed it a few weeks back. Sister: "where's my dog?" Me: Yeah I came over and took her to the park" Me picking my kid up from daycare: "where is she?" Teacher: "your sister picked her up and took her shopping an hour ago"

#9 your daycare must be bad if it lets someone else take your kids from it.

#15 - Presumably OP's sister is there regularly picking the kid up so the staff know her..

#15 some daycares have a list of people who the parents designate ok to pick up / drop off their kid

You obliviously don't know how daycares run. They have lists of people who can pick the child up besides the parents.

9, this is a similar relationship as mine and my brothers. But I do find it weird that the brother didn't ask first or leave a note so op wasn't worried. It sounds like op doesn't have your type of relationship with his brother though.