By Thanks Babe - 20/04/2013 23:40 - United States - Aurora

Today, I woke up feeling awful, having caught the same illness my boyfriend had last night. When he was sick, I skipped my friend's baby shower to take care of him. Now that I'm sick, he goes to a friend's place, says to call if I need him, then turns his phone off. Seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 082
You deserved it 7 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, next time he has man flu make sure you leave his ass to wallow in it!

Comments

He may just have no signal... Then again he my also be a selfish bastard. I sometimes like to try naïveté :)

He probably would have been okay if you had left him for a couple hours to go to your friend's shower. It's not every day that you have a baby.

I was going to say the same thing! I can understand if he had a serious illness that was life threatening but it was probably just a bad cold. You don't need to look after him 24/7!!!

Sonfang 19

#12 and #18, if you had a significant other who was sick and you had been invited to a baby shower you should decline going, even if you already said that you would attend. Because most likely you're carrying germs from the sick person, and it's much more dangerous for a pregnant woman to have a cold or flu. We know that OP was carrying germs because she got sick right after, and while she may not have been sick the day of the shower you're typically contagious even before you show signs of being ill. You're friend should understand your intentions, and appreciate you caring about the health of her and her unborn infant.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. I've heard being sick and pregnant is just miserable.

I agree with what you're saying. In all honesty I hadn't thought of it like that but to be honest I think OP probably didn't even think like that. She probably just wanted to take care of her boyfriend.

I would have gone to the baby shower. You must have agreed to go well in advance, and it's a special occasion. I'd leave my phone on in case he needed me - but really, he can't be so ill that he can't be left alone for a few hours. If he was, doesn't he have a friend he could call? But it was still a dick move to then leave you and switch his phone off.

Sonfang 19

#14 and risk spreading germs to the pregnant friend and her unborn infant. Special or not, as my above comment stated, it's dangerous to a pregnant mother to catch a simple cold or the flu. Pregnant mothers tend to not be able to take medicines for things such as colds, and antibodies can be a gamble too. It was better for OP to stay away.

RedPillSucks 31

But she got sick because she skipped the baby shower to be with him. Had she gone, she might not have gotten sick at all.

Sonfang 19

#66 doubtful, she would have still gotten sick and exposed her pregnant friend to the germs. Illness, in my experience, typically spread 24-72 hours after exposure to the germ. If I've been around my nieces and nephews and they are snotty I can tell, it's almost 48 hours on the dot after first exposure. OP was already exposed to her boyfriends illness, and it was reproducing in her system even before she started feeling bad.

How ungrateful, I really don't think he deserves you OP but I think you should sit down and have a talk with him. If he's not willing to take better care of you, or if you have reason to believe he'll just do it again, you should part ways with him. Good luck OP!!

Get rid, if he's like this now, chances are he'll only get worse as time goes on.

You should have gone to your friend's shower. Contrary to popular belief, men are quite capable of being sick on our own for a couple of hours.. :-P

He knew it was a crappy thing to do and did it anyway. Noone is perfect, one of his flaws is that he is selfish. Maybe he is everything else you want and you can accept this trait, if not then find someone else OP!

I'm not the type to say "dump him" at the first mishap but to me this type of behavior clearly demonstrates selfishness and ungratefulness which is a clear deal breaker for me. I would have a serious talk with him about it and if he doesn't see what was wrong about it, then I'd reconsider that relationship.