By lebanesewoman - 30/06/2009 16:17 - Hong Kong

Today, I went to my 7 year old son's school for a conference with his teacher. When I got there, the teacher said "she adored me for who and what I am". I was puzzled. Turns out my son told his class that I am a "lesbian American." Wrong. I'm Lebanese-American. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 999
You deserved it 3 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedRose 0

Hahahahahah! Wow. Do you think she was hitting on you?

Ohhh ....FYL. Thats a great mix-up :p

Comments

Lebanese American, Lesbian American; same difference ;D Haha, if I was lesbian I'd so go around saying I was Lesbian American XD

why is this a fml? stop wasting server bandwidth with your pointless ranting.

This is the first FML that I read that contains the word "Lebanon" or "Lebanese" in it... and Im very proud of that! lol and yes, agreed, FYL!!!

Princess33_fml 0

Reminds me of that scene from Bend It Like Beckham: "Get your lesbian feet out of my shoes!" "Lesbian? I thought she was a Pieces?" "She's not Lebanese, she's Punjabi."

I'm just wondering why the teacher would request a conference solely because a child's mother is lesbian.

From Hong Kong? And to those discussing hyphenated Americanism...I'm personally not a fan of it, though I understand it, because people always want to identify with their ethnic group/previous nationality. I agree with Roosevelt, though.. I feel like hyphenated Americanism splits our country up, when we are meant to be united. People tend to identify with the first part of the hyphenation rather than with the last. This isn't meant to be offensive at all; rather, I think that it's almost prejudiced to look at someone of color or someone who isn't a "white American "and put a hyphen in front of their nationality just by assumption. But you can't change the way that people identify themselves, and I understand the pride that comes from belonging to another nationality in the States.

I thought that lebanese-american meant that one of her parents is american and the other is lebanese and not that she is a lebanese with american citizenship

itsnikk10 0

Hahaha that's too funny. Fyl.

u idiots lebanon is not in hong kong. its a country in the middle east