By Skimilk - 18/02/2010 02:47 - Australia

Today, I went in to my local cafe for my morning coffee. I was chatting to the barista as she was making it, and I mentioned that I was starting a new diet. She goes, "Oh that's great! I've been sneaking skimmed milk in your coffee for years, I didn't want to say anything..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 125
You deserved it 5 885

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

how the hell can you even be overweight whilst not noticing it?

sharpl916 0

healthy or not, you will die if a truck runs you over! Better start enjoying those days

@#102: (from wikipedia) "A barista (from the Italian for "bartender") is a person, usually a coffee-house employee, who prepares and serves espresso-based coffee drinks."

@#102: (from wikipedia) "A barista (from the Italian for "bartender") is a person, usually a coffee-house employee, who prepares and serves espresso-based coffee drinks."

actually they outta be fired and/or BBB outta be notified ifbi want whole milk then thats what i better damn well get seeing as im paying for EXACTLY what i order and not some form of it.

Actually, you're paying a blanket price. People who get skim milk pay the same as people who get whole. It's all accounted for (except for extras in some places, like whipped cream and sometimes soy). Like it or not, this kind of stuff happens in coffee shops. The "ethics" of coffee-making (particularly in smaller shops) really aren't that stringent, and if you don't notice then they're gonna keep doing it (especially in the "pregnant woman gets decaf" scenario). It's a little bit like if you go to McDonalds and order a plain hamburger, but you get it and it has ketchup and onions and whatever. You can go and complain and raise a stink about it, but mostly what happens is the managers shrug it off, take your sandwich to the back and scrape off the toppings. You didn't pay for a "plain hamburger" specifically, you just paid for a "hamburger" with the preference that it be plain. Ergo, BBB doesn't care, managers don't care, and lower-level employees sure as hell don't care.

82 13 and 1 nravo i love ur comments and thhid fml they made my day

Sounds like she thinks you're cute... Stop complaining and ask her out!

mrz1177 11

How do you know what soapy water and dirty socks taste like? Wait... forget I asked. *shudders*