By goodsister - 14/10/2009 08:09 - Canada

Today, I was yelled at and humiliated by my otherwise awesome brother-in-law for my supposed lack of effort in the planning of a baby shower for my very pregnant sister. The kicker? Her huge, break-my-bank semi-surprise baby shower has been in the works for a month and is happening this weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 603
You deserved it 2 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

misha1995 0

I get it. For all of you that don't, at the end it turns out she WAS planning one, a huge "break my bank" one, but it was a semi-suprise one so the guy yelling didn't know.

Joke's on him once the baby shower goes down. Hopefully he'll man up and apologize.

Comments

jasmine1259 2

this isn't a fml because once he finds out he's gonna feel like a dick for yelling at you.

(surprised I'm the first to say this) How is babby formed? How girl get pregnant?

perdix 29

VERY pregnant? You are pregnant or you are not, there are no degrees. "Is there a bun in the oven?" is a yes/no question. What the hell is a SEMI-surprise? "Hey, sis, we're having a bunch of your friends over for no particular reason. If they are carrying pastel-colored boxes, it's just a weird coincidence." And just as everyone is about to leave, you all yell, "SURPRISE, THIS HAS BEEN A BABY SHOWER!!!" I guess that would count.

Are you ******* retarded? Normal people oftentimes use the term 'very pregnant' to describe a woman who is very far along. Stop bitching.

perdix 29
CyclonePsycho 1

The OP could have told her sister about *a* party and neglected to tell her any details. The OP's sister thus knows there's something going on, but not what it's all about. Or something like that. Not hard to figure out, really.

perdix 29

That's essentially what I guessed in my original comment. Just seems like another ******-up abuse of the English language. Then again, very (gack) pregnant women are the life of every party, regaling guests with tales of swollen feet and hemorrhoids and drinking nothing. If a pregnant woman is invited to *a* party, she knows something is up.

whatamaroon 0

Doesn't anybody know that etiquette dictates that family members should not throw a shower anyway?

hug_a_presby 0

immediate family members shouldn't throw baby-showers, it looks like a gift grab. YDI for not ever reading an etiquette book.

and you'd be wrong there. standard etiquette only forbids the parents to be from hosting their own shower.

Maybe you should get your brother in law some Midol.

1. Generally, immediate family members are NOT supposed to throw the showers. That stuff is left up to people like the woman's best friend. 2. Unless your brother-in-law is REALLY bad at keeping secrets... Why didn't you just tell him? Unless you really wanted it to be a surprise for both of them, considering they're BOTH the parents, but generally the shower is all about mommy. EDIT: Unless your sister was actually in the room while he was going off... In which case FYL for nobody trying to defend you.

Yeah...i was just about to say--family members are not supposed to throw showers. It comes off as greedy. Tell your BIL that he's a bit of a prick for his little tantrum.

I hope you told him that to his face. He should be the one posting the FML.

God damn it, you're supposed to be helping plan a baby shower for your sister! What kind of a sibling are you? Well actually, I have been planning a lot this past month and have spent a lot of money organising the perfect baby shower. Oh, you have? I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. I retract all previous comments and sincerely apologise. Kk, lol!