By Anonymous - 07/04/2009 16:36 - United States

Today, I was working at a portrait studio and was taking pictures of a little girl, I kept telling the girl to stop making silly faces when she smiles because her eyes go cross-eyed. After the third time I said it her mom grabbed the little girl and left. Turns out, she was naturally cross-eyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 533
You deserved it 58 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well its not really your fault, the mom didnt tell you, who isnt gonna naturally assume that a little kid is making faces when they cross their eyes?

Comments

TudorsFan 0

the mom should have definitely explained the situation before she got upset with you. i feel sorry for you.

did she walk into the wall several times before leaving?

It's not your fault, how could you have known?? Plus if it was my kid I'd get it fixed for her. The Mom is an idiot.

You generally have to be certain age before you can get them fixed. My brother was cross-eyed and had to be about 18 months before his operation. We have some portraits of him giving some gorgeous cross-eyed smiles. What I think helped was that the photographer looked at him before taking photos!

You look like someone who goes to my school but im canadian not irish :(

That definitely wasn't fair to you. I probably would have said something before you even started taking the photos, or at the least after you said it the first time! Mothers love their kids, but they also know what's not normal, so they shouldn't just assume everybody can read minds or ignore it. Not to mention, a photographer wants to take nice photos, and any other mother would have been angry if the photographer let it continue had the girl *not* been naturally cross-eyed. **** her.

theshewolf 0

Mom should have said something the first time.

DeeJayD 0

The mother could have said something the first time rather than being a bitch about it after sitting there watching you say it three times.

She should have explained that before wasting your time.

nothin you couldve done...how many cross eye'd kids do you see nowadays?

Orlinda 2

its the mothers fault i think it wouldhave been best if she told you like damn people these days got issues and instead of explaining somthing they blame the other people

nowadays people can get cross-eyedness treated, at least partially, through surgery and forcing the weaker eye to work harder. f the mom, for not treating her kid's condition and for not explaining it to people who have never met her or her kid and would have no way of knowing, then behaving rudely.