By Kitty - 01/06/2009 18:49 - United States

Today, I was working as a waitress at this pub. It was dead. After 4 hours I had only made 5$ in tips. A friendly couple came in and complimented EVERYTHING down to the freshness of the lemons in their tea. The bill came to $50. They left me a $5 gift card to starbucks. I don't drink coffee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 638
You deserved it 7 652

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, there's tea and pastries there, too, yanno. I always get a Chai when I go there. No reason to be completely thankless.

Ooh, burn! I was tipped with toothbrushes once. Hey cool, number 1 =D

Comments

Burner2K0 0

Greedy customers should all get raped by Pedobear!!

cheese1756 0

They have good things like lemon pound cake, sandwiches, and drinks to. Its not all coffee

greatnt249 0

"Be happy you goty a tip, $5 is 10% so that is a good value" In America, 15% is generally considered the accepted minimum, given that waiters/waitresses already make below minimum wage as it is.

Who cares what other people say is the minimum. A tip is a reward for great service. If the service was average you will get a small tip from me and if it's good you'll get 10% or so. Sure, tipping customs are different here but I'm not going to change my ways when I travel just because you can't get your boss to pay you an acceptable salary. It won't change for you guys until people stop tipping that much.

peach_fml 0

Beware of complementers!! Anytime someone complements you a bunch, odds are you aren't getting a good tip. I think in their warped little brains they think that complement is your tip. But that doesn't pay the rent!

Be grateful you got anything. You sound ungrateful. Would you be angrier if they'd left you nothing? I always tip 20% BTW.

Wow I got a bra once from an old couple in a tip. consider yourself lucky.

trinatruffle 0

ha that sux, i hate coffee, :) yeah baaadddd luck there

"chillax... you can't expect a wonderful tip from everybody. They probably were a bit tight on money (we're in a recession or haven't you heard) but still wanted to leave you something." If they're so tight on money then why are they buying a $50 meal? All these people talking about being grateful have obviously never been a waitress. It's hard work and their income has a lot to do with tips (their salaries are usually minimum wage; sometimes less). A $5 giftcard for a $50 meal is a shitty tip.