By Tom - 15/06/2009 10:07 - Israel

Today, I was woken up by a funky smell. My dog had eaten a dead bird and thrown up all over my bed and floor. At 4 o'clock in the morning I had to clean up regurgitated bits of bird, feathers, blood and dog food. The smell still hasn't gone away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 450
You deserved it 3 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FBIWarning 0

I'd honestly just throw out the sheets and buy new ones, that's ******* nasty!

lifeislife_fml 0

Ugh, nasty. I can't even stand normal vomit.

Comments

Shouldn't have gotten a dog then. Live with it. YDI

This, among many other reasons, is why I never ever want to have a dog. If my future children want to have a dog, I will tell them stories like these so they will never ever want one either. Then again, I'm going to have to deal with just as much disgusting stuff with the children as I would like a dog. Ugh.

Arc, why should the OP not have gotten a dog? She cleaned it up and is dealing with it. it is something that happens with getting a dog. It doesn't mean she shouldnt have one. Get Odoban. Great stuff, natural and really helps eliminate foul odors. You can get it online or at a Sams Club

@21-You beat the sh*t out of your pets? I hope you're joking. I mean, I understand the behavioral modification concept, but you don't need to injure them to teach them not to do those things. @OP: My cats barf on my floor ALL THE TIME. One of them is bulimic, and I can't figure out how to keep him out of my house--he always gets back in. The other one has long fur and gets hairballs all the time. She barfs up stuff that smells like Honey Nut Cheerios that have gone bad. That's why I can't eat them anymore. You are all welcome for that sensory image.

#21, I wouldn't admit that online. Thats considered abuse. Not to mention dogs SHOULD be eating things like raw chicken. I hope you learn how to train a dog. Beating them doesn't work. That just creates problems in the long run. It is people like you that are filling shelters with poor abused dogs that make it THAT MUCH more work for us to rehabilitate and make adoptable again. My poor dog was abused before I adopted him. It took me YEARS to rehab him to a point where he wasn't running scared from men.

The correct way to train a dog is called "Redirection." When they actin a behaviour you don't want tell them no and ignore them (you can do this by placing them into a crate or something, think of it like a time out, for 20 minutes). If they are chewing something you don't want them to chew, take the item away (or pull the dog away if it is something like furniture) and give them a toy that IS acceptable. Praise them when they pay attention to the toy.

bkr009 0

seriously, this boring story got published? It's normal for pets to throw up; they're just trying to get stuff out of their system that they weren't supposed to eat.