By FML_Elle - 06/10/2012 15:52 - United States

Today, I was walking in the freezing rain when a guy asked me if I wanted to share his umbrella with him. I grinned and told him I did. He then noticed a pretty girl walking behind me and he abruptly turned to her and asked her the same question. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 959
You deserved it 2 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

miniluda12 12
iOceanus 18

Where have all the gentlemen gone?

Comments

miniluda12 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I would have seized an opportunity like that aswell

Or maybe he let them both under the umbrella?

Well at least he probably thought she was pretty first.

Are you sure he was not going to give up the umbrella to both of you.

Autoshot 9

He was talking to the pretty girl from the start. OP just thought he was talking to her at first when he wasn't.

Wow Crewboy you are an ass when you comment on every single FML!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
LMFAOwned 9

112, you're wrong in so many ways, it hurts.

Sorry but I'm calling BS on this FML. Maybe it's true but I've seen a prank video on YouTube of a guy doing this exact thing over and over to an unsuspecting woman

Ignore my comment, I was correcting my previous one which was removed for whatever reason.

heywhatsuphowdy 0

Im pretty sure ive seen a prank episode EXACTLY like this

A real gentleman Would have let both ladies share the umbrella.

I thought he was just being a nice guy, offering his umbrella for all the ladies to share :o I dunno why everyone is calling him a dick, did I miss something?

Yeah but then they would walk off with his umbrella... And its not a sure fact that the two girls were even going to the same destination. I think it'll make you look creepy...

MagicGiraffe 12

21, that joke wouldn't have worked even if Chris Brown did sing that song.

FIRST!!!but yeah sorry, men can be inconsidarate

Twelfth!!! Oh my God, you don't know how much this means to me. I'd like to thank my family for their support, FML for letting me post, and the whole world for existing. Thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Why have people still not realized the "first" thing is really ******* irritating? You want to be first that badly, go win a race.

I thought this "First!" Shit got settled years ago.

SenselessPattern 12

Check out 3's profile. It should enlighten you as to why he did that.

Another resident of Boobsville, I shoulda known.

And 3 has only three comments and a GREAT description -_- new people are irritating...

#3, Funny thing is, you aren't even "first"

@54 And elitist people who think they're better than the newbies are annoying.

iOceanus 18

Where have all the gentlemen gone?

miniluda12 12

I very much enjoy your picture.

It's sad what guys will go for if nothing better around.

iOceanus 18

10 - thanks, it is quite amusing.

19- Your picture makes me want to throw up..

perdix 29

We usually stay indoors when it rains. Suede shoes and silk suits don't fare well in the rain.

olpally 32

Right here... In the dreaded *friend zone*

Must have gone to the same place all the non-trashy girls went.

I'm still here. A sane, non-douche gentleman. Stuck in the friendzone... For the fifth time.

They're all off sharing their umbrellas with more attractive women.

U say this but women dont want them in my expirience they want the dick with a dick not a gent they just want the gent to open doors for them ext to feel specal till its time to date then its show me the asshole ( )0( )

Well, at least he thought you were moderately attractive.

lacespace 8

Perhaps it would be nice if he offered it to her to be nice instead of basing it off of shallow factors.

He offered it to you first, he shouldn't have done that. :( Sorry. Completely an ass.

Exactly. But if he were more suave, he could have salvaged this mess. He should have followed up by offering to let them share it while he walked in the rain. That would be the epitome of courtly.

Don't mind 46, they just have the bird flu.

iOceanus 18

46 - Did you have the 'swine' flu? *hint hint*

73- no, but they do have the chicken pox!

deathpotato 11

You wouldn't have wanted to share an umbrella with that asshole anyway.

Actually, I'm pretty sure she did want to. Otherwise she would have said no...

I think 8 meant to say "you wouldn't want to". As in, you are better off not doing so. Wow, reading so many FML comments have made me want to make useless little corrections and explanations. I feel like I belong here now. *salute*

kittenvks 11

Reading comprehension. You're doing it wrong.