By HenryRollinsForPresident - 25/09/2012 11:54 - United States - Edmond

Today, I was waiting for my wife in a mall when some kids came and sat near me, wearing band t-shirts. I recognized some, as I was into The Smiths and Black Flag in my youth. I tried to strike up a music-fan chat with them. "Fuck off, grandad" and "Ew, pedo" is all I got in return. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 539
You deserved it 4 831

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I seriously doubt they knew the bands anyway. Like all the stoners with the Bob Marley shirts.

Comments

naughtylez82 4

Wow op I'm sorry. Kids are so disrespectful these days. Fyl indeed for trying to be friendly.

That's generalizing that all kids are like these idiots. When an adult I don't know try's to start a conversation with me I try to at least respond respectfully. Happens a lot at bass pro.

mintcar 9

Those kind of kids annoy the living shit out of me. They know nothing about Morrissey. A true fan would've been excited just to talk to you about their music. I'm a Cure fan, and when i wear a Robert Smith tee, I get older people approaching me all the time. I just get excited that someone out there loves them as much as I do. Kids are so rude.

Of all the comments on here, I couldn't agree with u more!

At first, I thought it said that you were waiting for your wife in the mail. Made me chuckle for a second. In all seriousness though, don't listen to those punks. They're losers who wear those shirts purely for the fashion. Not because they actually like them, or even know who they are.

kikimonole 13

I apologize for kids my age and younger! I swear we're not all that bad.

You are clearly old enough to know that you shouldn't have been trying to vainly recapture your lost youth by creeping on strangers in the mall. You Deserved It for being pathetic.

It's good you're anonymous on FML, 'cause I doubt this idiot would have many a friend left if they read this.

And u are clearly one of those asshole kids that deserve a swift kick in the face.

perdix 29

Did you ask them why they felt the need to glom on to our generation's coolness? Were their Justin Bieber, One Direction, Rebecca Black and "It's Always A Good Time" T-shirts ALL in the wash?

Shadowvoid 33

My magical question for you Señor Perdix is this, What generation do you belong to? Can you give me an age bracket or whatever you are comfortable with disclosing on FML as a general idea?

People use anonymous handles in order to stay anonymous. I think it's incredibly rude to ask for personal information if it's not freely volunteered. That being said, in regard to your question and using context clues, one could conclude that perdix is roughly the same age as OP, as per his "our generation's" comment.

Shadowvoid 33

There is a reason i included as much as you are comfortable with disclosing, also i asked for a general hint. Not once did i offend perdix or his rights.

Unfortunately, as I've said before, there are some very smart people in my generation and the generation before, but the idiots are always the loudest and most obnoxious. And for those saying "This generation sucks" or somethig similar, we are not all a generation of self-righteous, ignorant snobs. I can guarantee this whole "this new generation is horrible" BS has been going on for MANY generations, not just this one. Get over it.

Silent_Thrill 17

Very true. Like I'm into metal and for years I've been thinking newer metal sucks... when in fact I wasn't looking at the right places for the good stuff. You just gotta look in the right place whether it be for good smart kids or good music or whatever!

OP you seem like a really cool guy. I am always shocked , that people still listen to quality music. The fact that those kids called you a pedo really sucks though. Don't worry at least you tried to talk to them . Sometimes kids feel the need that being hardcore, punk., or goth means that you have to look down on people. It gives the rest of us a bad name . Feel better and just don't lose your faith in the current generation .

megamandude455 10

Wow… this generation is actually listening to last generation's music? There might actually be hope yet! :D