By burnnotice - 19/09/2009 14:10 - United States

Today, I was trying to turn on my computer and couldn't. I spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what was wrong when I finally called my husband for help and made him leave work. He came in, looked at the wall, and plugged it back in. The look on his face said it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 227
You deserved it 57 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For the record, that little tray that pops out when you push that other button isn't a drink coaster. Hope that helps.

hothotheat_ 13

You spent all that time and you never once even bothered to look to see if it was plugged in or not?

Comments

Huh... do you write for Newlyweds? Niiiiickkk... Come home from work. I can't get to my websiiiite.

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

It's people like you who give women a bad name! Hahahahah. Somewhat kidding. But seriously? You don't check everything? You need to plug things in, the power cord could have fallen out, maybe the monitor couldn't have been screwed in...? Ugh. YDI. Honestly. Pressing buttons does nothing. You actually have to get up and check things out.

For the record, that little tray that pops out when you push that other button isn't a drink coaster. Hope that helps.

More like a PEBCAK I'm surprised the OP knows how to get on FML, let alone spell it. I'll bet her 5-year-old posted this story.

Or a RTFM....oh wait, that wouldn't help, because the help files require turning on the computer.

F Your Husband´s life. I can't believe how silly he is for leaving his work just to help his missus with the computer. It's not like it was a life or death situation or anything like that. oh yeah, and FYL for being so dependable.

softball_yes 0

wow, haha. i would totally do the same thingg(: i love how everybody acts like they dont see shit thats right in front of their eyes all the time either,

It's not about seeing what's in front of your eyes. It's about basic common sense. Ok, so you push the button, and nothing happens. 1. Push the button again. Make sure it goes in all the way. 2. Hold down the button for a few seconds. 3. Look for lights/listen for fans. 4. Check where the cord plugs into the computer. Jiggle it to make sure it's tight. 5. Follow the cord back to the wall, and ensure it is plugged in all the way. 6. Repeat steps 1-3. 7. Call your computer manufacturer. This takes all of 2 minutes. There is literally nothing else to do, unless you're willing to take your shell apart and check the wiring, which I'm sure she didn't attempt. Which means she either sat there pushing the power button for 20 minutes, or is lying and called her husband after the second attempt. Either way, she deserves it x10.

This kind of thing happens to everyone once in a while... But F your husband's life pretty hard. We all do dumb stuff, but if you make him leave work every time you do (which sounds to be fairly regular) he's gotta find a better girl. Next time, learn to solve your own problems, instead of being a totally dependent and utterly useless whiner.

"...S.O.S. please someone help me It's not healthy... for me to feel this way..." "Sure.... all you have to do is plug it in....."

This is why there are people who are sexist. /not sexist