By Anon - 13/03/2009 04:00 - United States

Today, I was on the subway. I have fairly serious OCD, so I avoided holding the poles or handles. All the seats were taken, so I leaned against a wall. At the next stop, an obese, sweaty man got on and grabbed the two poles around me, effectively hugging me. My shirt was wet when he left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 512
You deserved it 6 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hate it when fat sweaty people do this. But it could have been worse. You could have been stuck on a 7 hour flight somewhere with this guy next to you.

Even if you factor out your OCD that is a revlolting story. Oh god thinking about it is making my skin crawl. Bleurgh!

Comments

Sportsfreak2034 0

eww thats ****** gross...how do people not notice things like that

People with OCD are only doing it for attention. Srsly, invent a better mental illness -- people really notice a schizophrenic.

serenamithane 0

#62, you're an ass. It's not like people can HELP it. Get a life, and stop picking on people's conditions, and stop stereotyping too. Let's give you OCD and see what you feel about it then, yes?

Zeus44456 0

That's just really gross sorry ;)

Princess_Fairest 0

I'm sorry that this happened to you but I can't honestly see how you would let this happen to you. I've never been very assertive myself but I would never let any person violate my personal space like that... I would have moved away, called out, or put my hands out before I would allow someone to do that.

miles_republic 0

i'm an OCD, too... and i barely even hold the rails of escalators. i feel for you!!! nothing more disgusting that an obese sweating like a pig...

Eww! You were in the wrong place at the wrong time, FYL.

Oh God YOU DO NOT HAVE OCD IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF GERMS OR ICKY THINGS! OCD is a COMPULSIVE behaviour to habitualy perform certain routines for whatever reason. At best, what you (and most people describe) is OCPD, and even then, your just using it as an excuse to be grossed out by things, be afraid of touching/doing things or just do things that you think other people will think are wierd and that because you have a self diagnosed disability your allowed to get away with it. I'm curious how many of you that say "I have (serious) OCD" are willing to stand by your claim enough that you would make sure it's on your resume as most places when hiring require you to mention ANY AND ALL disabilities which may affect your ability to work.

Well, it's quite possible he does have OCD. Maybe he wants to avoid the dirty subway because he'd have to wash his hands afterward, and if washing his hands is one of his compulsive rituals... I would avoid touching the subway too if it meant avoiding a trigger for one of my rituals. Rituals are nasty things to deal with. Depending on if you have mild OCD or bad OCD, a ritual can range from washing your hands five times in a row just to make sure they are clean to washing them so much you rub your hands raw. Not all people with OCD are obsessive with being clean and washing hands, but it is a common ritual. I doubt it's OCPD. OCPD is when you're a perfectionist to the extreme- To the point where it's a disorder. It doesn't sound like that's what this is.