By kids shouldnt have hard sports equipment - 18/01/2016 01:48 - Australia - Woodville

Today, I was knocked unconscious by the 10 year-old I was babysitting because it was his younger sister's bedtime and he didn't want her to go. When I came to, their mother was screaming at me for sleeping on the job. In the middle of the kitchen floor. I lost a job and gained a killer headache. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 207
You deserved it 1 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you went straight to hospital to get checked out and right after that to police and filed an assault charge. Being blacked out for any amount of time is a serious health issue and a concussion and headache would be the least of your worries. As harsh as it sounds, if the kid doesn't learn what consequences are, he is going to kill someone before he's a teen.

You lost your job? Did the mom not give you any time to explain..? (I think I already know the answer)

Comments

Wow that sucks big time I feel for you OP what a stupid mother

You lost your job? Did the mom not give you any time to explain..? (I think I already know the answer)

Yeah. At least now you know where the kid got his behaviour from.

That's weird, normally when I've been babysitting siblings the older one thinks it's hilarious that the younger one has to go to bed first. He must really love his sister I guess. This is kinda cute, apart from the whole being knocked out and screamed at thing.

More scary than cute. I dont know any 10 year olds that would get that physical

He attacked OP with a blunt object to the head because his little sister was going to SLEEP. Cute? It's seriously alarming and the mother needs to be held responsible and get her child behavioral therapy or something.

Wiringify 22

How did the 10 year old knock you out?

Yeah I'm wondering that to. How can a 10 year old knock someone out that easily? Unless they used some kind of aid like throwing a toaster or something.

I'm guessing, by OP's user name, it was with some kind of heavy sports equipment....

Could have been a well-aimed heatshot. For example, when my older brother was a toddler he infamously knocked my Mum out cold when he was trying to get her attention and threw a toy hippo at her from the top of the stairs.

You should be happy; you don't have to deal with that idiot/psycho family again :D But yeah, FYL for the headache and getting knocked out P:

Personally, I would let you explain first, before loosing my shit

I have to say that that is an excellent typo, 7.

Maybe so, but if the mother had been that sensible, her child would probably not think of criminal assault as a dispute resolution technique.

I hope you went straight to hospital to get checked out and right after that to police and filed an assault charge. Being blacked out for any amount of time is a serious health issue and a concussion and headache would be the least of your worries. As harsh as it sounds, if the kid doesn't learn what consequences are, he is going to kill someone before he's a teen.

Yeah, I'm not suit happy, but knocking someone out is a serious thing and OP could have some real effects from not only the first blow, but the impact with the floor after. I hope OP got themselves checked out and takes some action.

aeryn97 17

Yep! any loss of consciousness automatically indicates moderate brain trauma. any loss of consciousness for more than 30 seconds is serious brain trauma. so if OP was out for more than 30 sec then it's definitely serious enough to need to spend the night in hospital. my kid had a bad fall and was listed at minor and they kept her for 4 hrs until she started going on about how she was starving. also if you vomit more than once after it's a sign to call the ambulance. somehow I'm thinking that OP might be exaggerating. if not then go immediately to hospital.

tounces7 27

Wouldn't there be a giant bruise or blackened mark to indicate something had happened besides "falling asleep"?

Exactly as #8 says: "I hope you went straight to hospital to get checked out and right after that to police and filed an assault charge." 1. This is serious health damage, possibly lasting one. 2. The parents are responsible for their kids behaviour before they are 18, sue the parents, get compensation. You deserve it. Nobody is allowed to knock out people (for doing their job), not even a 10 year old. Apparently he had strength and skills enough. Afraid all that screaming at you thing was aimed to get you confused and trick you to think its somehow your fault.

What did he hit you with? I'm sorry OP