By snitcheyes - 09/11/2010 16:00 - United States

Today, I was called 15 times by a "good redneck boy" that my Mom is trying to set me up with. He has called me at least 5 times a day for the past week. My Mom is still encouraging him to call. I had to unplug the phone because I feel stalked in my own dorm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 939
You deserved it 2 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

Why do moms always try to set up their daughters with some random guy?

i_love_puppybrea 0

he's called you 15 times, and yet he has called you 5 times a day for a week, is it just me or did anyone else know she sucks at math?

Comments

What is the definition of a "good redneck boy?" I understand "a good christian boy." But what the hell is a good redneck boy?!

One that has all his teeth and isn't named Nascar? But then again, that wouldn't make him a redneck, so I danno ¯|(°_o)/¯

better than being a partial ass with 1.36 cheeks?

CherryBomb511 3

Lol I've never met anyone with the name NASCAR anywhere before. P.S. Sorry if this posts twice. : /

18: same here, I can understand a 'nice christian/Jewish boy' but a nice redneck boy doesn't exist!

give him a chance, or maybe ur mom should

Waiiiiit... redneck boy? Is he your brother, cousin, or a combination of both? That's the only reason I can think of that he'd be going after you.

kandismichelle 0

she said redneck, not inbred. redneck is just another word for a country person. there is nothing wrong with being a redneck. it's way better than being a yankee :))

anti_average 5

Stfu morons. Rednecks are just people from the southern U.S and Yankees (in America anyway) are from the north. There's no frikkin' difference. You two idiots are part of the reason Society is declining.

kandismichelle 0

i was kidding about the yankee thing, btw. I am from Texas but I have lived all over the US, and I know that it makes no difference where you are from. We are all people, just brought up different ways. It does offend me when someone assumes or jokes about all Southerners being inbred.. that is so out of line, and uncalled for.

Write your mom's name and number on a mens' room wall. Or take out an ad for her in Craigslist.

first off what I wrong with rednecks. they are regular people too. second you do know you can block a number on a Phone right???

I've learned that when it comes to blocking numbers, not all phones are created equally. I had a POS samsung several years back that absolutely could not block numbers. I called my service provider and was told my only possible option was to register the harassing number on a list that takes one month the become active. FML

not if it's a landline, which I'm guessing it is from the wording.

lollipopXx 0

red neck? I'm sorry but eeww! they don't know how to speak correctly and are usually dicks.

first off I am not hitting on you. secondly it is friggin awesome that you play FPSs. you should try crossfire. thirdly wow you are hot.

RedPillSucks 31

Right. Because stereotypes are always right.

TheDrifter 23

So what you're saying is "eew a man with a job, a pickup he can fix himself and an accent"? What is it you do want in a mate?

funzcpl 0

lol. I got ya sweety! it's ignorance. that was way cute. suddle.

green_eyes124 0

Girls who wear glasses? ewww! They are usually geeks and won't talk to anyone who doesn't play chess or read Shakespeare. I hope you realize how stupid stereotypes are and don't ever publicly embarrass yourself like that again, for your own sake. Btw, totally kidding about the glasses and stuff, I had glasses for 6 years and now have to wear contacts so...

She said I'm sorry before she made the comment. That makes everything ok right?

she probably wants, a man with a BETTER job, with a well maintained car that he gets fixed in a day at a shop rather than a month in his garage, and an accent that doesn't conjure up images of a bunch of toothless folk sitting around a tire fire playing the banjo with new, freshly-dried, cat gut strings. but she's a pretentious jerk, so don't yell at me :)

funzcpl 0

wow. really. hmmm. well, my husband is a big redneck AND has his bachelors in science, masters in information technology and ohh yea actually made it to working on his doctorate degree. oh and his grammar is awesome. don't stereo type folks honey.

Then he isn't a redneck. Having a southern accent does not make a person a redneck(assuming that is why you referred to your husband as one).

funzcpl 0

no. he doesn't have the accent. your right though, it isn't the accent that makes a person a redneck.

WallyTheWombat 0

How is your husband a BIG redneck when he's well educated, employed, and doesn't have a southern accent?

lollipopXx 0

#61 HA!! And yes, I agree I am a bitch. But I have never heard of or met a nice and grammatically correct redneck. From past experiences and friends, they are dicks.

green_eyes124 0

72- Are you really going to ignore all of the other comments and try to make someone else look dumb? What you said about rednecks was extremely rude. Your sorry? how do you think rednecks felt while reading your comment. Oh, that's right, you probably thought they wouldn't know how to use a computer or iPhone. Wow...

green_eyes124 0

74- Then you should have said that all the rednecks you know are that way, Not accused them all of veiny like that.

jocelyng_fml 0

you would know because you're a dumb blonde

you no if ur redneck if ur gunrack has a gun rack

lollipopXx 0

103 HAHA!!! And really? I'm oh so sorry for offending anyone, but this is my opinion. You can say what you want, but it's not going to make a difference to me.

lollipopXx 0

61 you need to chill out. Any rednecks reading this probably think I'm a bitch...so what? And I'm simply agreeing with 71's question. I also said nothing about rednecks not knowing how to use technology...

FYLwindowlicker 0

A 'redneck' can be an educated person with proper grammar, all their teeth and proper speech. Meaning of course no 'accent' but of course when it comes down to it, when speaking with people from other regions of the world, country, state or providences, we all have some sort of 'accent'. When I think redneck the first things that pop to mind are the Jeff Foxworthy jokes. 'Ya might be a redneck if ....' when in all actuality a redneck could be any person who enjoys the outdoors more than being indoors, enjoys hunting, fishing and NASCAR just because they like it. Someone who would rather camp out and roast hotdogs and marshmallows over a camp fire at night and go four wheeling or dirt bike riding at day. Easy listening is Hank Jr or Willie Nelson. Fine dining is applebees or Texas roadhouse. sitting in the driveway is an old beater pick up that he has the know how to fix if something goes wrong with it instead of that brand new Lexus that you can't work on because of the technology required just to fix simple issues. A good cold Budweiser is better than a glass of wine, a friendly corn hole game or throwing some horse shoes is a great weekend with friends. To me, most rednecks live the life of 'do as I enjoy, not as I'm expected' type of life. It's a lifestyle not a disease people. The stereotypical redneck portrayed on TV is just the thing big networks show for the ratings just as Jeff foxworthy does it for the laughs. I have said my piece now time for the lashings from the wonderful FML community.

countrygirl2909 11

119 so glad u said tht! it's about time people see that rednecks aren't uneducated people with no teeth! and yes I'm proud to say I'm a REDNECK!

SkyEatsJack 4
yaysmile 0

Wow, what is with all the jokes about rednecks. They are not funny, at all.

TheDrifter 23

They're self hating stuck up rich kids who have been indoctrinated to believe that being poor and being white are the two greatest evils in this world. Just remember folks ... Everyone hates a redneck until their car breaks down.

WallyTheWombat 0

Well, my dad is a mechanic so.... yea...

Redneck boy? To get rid of him, just remind him that you're NOT first cousins.