By Anonymous - 9/5/2016 20:44 - United States - Santa Cruz
Today, I've been using a clay pad to warm up my stiff neck muscles. I put it in the microwave as instructed on the box, just as I've been doing for weeks. This time, the bag exploded, splattering sticky clay. Now my neck is even more sore from reaching inside to clean the microwave. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
Comments
Reply
  GhostFox  |  33

This. The worst risk is setting it on fire, which, since you should be in tame of your microwave when using it (especially with non-food items) you should be able to notice and turn it off before it finishes catching fire.

They do start to smell after a while, though.

Reply
  Brandi_Faith  |  33

My mom makes these warmable rice bags for us. They last forever and never explode or anything. You can also put a little lavender oil or cinnamon or something inside if you don't like the smell of the warm rice. She also made me a bag this winter of one with a bunch of hard mixed beans. It actually holds the warmth a lot longer than the rice. Warm them for 2 minutes and you're good to go.