By unappreciated - 25/06/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I took my best friend out to dinner for my birthday. She gave me a gift after I paid the tab saying, "my mom thought you would like this - it was expensive." It was a lovely set of origami paper, which was the exact set I brought her as a souvenir from Japan. She was right, it was expensive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 800
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crunchy_fml 0

you should've been like, "this is so cool! I gave you this EXACT set before! ha ha ha what a coincidence!"

Comments

TheCookieCrumb 0

Wow, not only did you pay the tab for your own birthday dinner, but you were given back a souvenire you bought your friend. Kind of low on the friend's part, in my opinion.

exp15 0

Omg! What a bitch! She's not your best friend!

Soitgoes74 0

First of all, why the hell would you take someone else out for YOUR birthday- they should be paying for you. Second of all, call her out on the re-gifting; that's a really bitchy thing to do.

#15. lol! is origami paper something she really would gave wanted? that's sucky though. my worst was receiving a yogurt maker that had been used - as a wedding gift it apparently had been gifted to them because some wrapping had gotten stuck to some tape then they wrapped it up again for us. it had old yogurt on it.

I don't know why people do that. . . . That cheap to go out and buy or card or make something-- that they would actually take something out of their room and give it to someone else. We're not in elementary school. Regifters=lose.

She re-gifted something back to the person she got it from... AND she wasn't even the one paying for dinner on your birthday?? She sounds like a pretty crappy friend.