By unappreciated - 25/06/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I took my best friend out to dinner for my birthday. She gave me a gift after I paid the tab saying, "my mom thought you would like this - it was expensive." It was a lovely set of origami paper, which was the exact set I brought her as a souvenir from Japan. She was right, it was expensive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 800
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crunchy_fml 0

you should've been like, "this is so cool! I gave you this EXACT set before! ha ha ha what a coincidence!"

Comments

I love "I took my best friend out for dinner on my birthday..." everything about this FML is so backwards.

Uh... "my mom said you might like this?" I mean, either she's trying to tell you she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, or she honestly had no idea who she got it from anymore, which leads me to ask: does your friend even LIKE origami, or were you just grabbing random trash from a gift shop?

She gave it back to you because she thought it was to expensive to be a gift. Moron. You didn't deserve it back because you're obviously ******* stupid.

vers_fml 0

really #35? Truly, when i receive an expensive gift i just keep it until someone's birthday and only then return it then saying "my mom thought you would like this," instead of returning it soon after getting it. Because surely that would not be a ******* stupid situation. #35, with regards to the second half of your comment, i think someone needs to take a step back and consider that maybe, just maybe, they are really the moron. (And that someone is you)

TrAnMu 0

Fyl for having a "bestfriend" who has the gall to regift. That really sucks. I agree, you should save it and give it back for her birthday.

I agree. If she has the balls to regift, but not remember that you bought for her in the first place, you might want to rethink her title as "Best Friend".

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

I hate when people give you a gift, and tell/hint to you that it was expensive. It just makes you feel awkward. I mean, what do you say after that? o_O but, OP; that suuuuucks. she's a bitch. regifting is inconsiderate, but it's just plain stupid to regift to the same person. obviously she's not all that smart.

lolzforfun228 3

I agree with #40 it sucks when pple do that, but ur own best friend doing that is worse