By Anonymous - 10/09/2013 18:30 - United States - Smyrna

Today, I took my 4-year-old son to the bank with me. He asked why we were going, and I explained that I had a couple of checks that they would turn into money. When we got in line, he loudly exclaimed that "Mommy has checks for money!" Except "checks" sounded almost exactly like "sex". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 632
You deserved it 4 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tannerianian 11

That's actually really cute. Don't worry about it. I'm sure people know what he ment.

Children make life so much more interesting.

Comments

ALL of my kids have said, or miss-spoke, something truly humiliating very loudly and very publicly at some point. I have four kids including one with a speech impediment, so things like this have come out of his mouth even at much a older age. Embarrassment is part of being a mom. Have a good laugh! You'll be the one embarrassing him once he becomes a teenager anyway.

Ha ha! Reminds me of a story my boyfriend told me about him and his dad when he was a little boy. They went to see the movie "City Slickers" at a movie theater at the mall. When the line "You can't get an erection" was spoken, everybody laughed. My (then young child) boyfriend felt like he was missing some awesome joke, so he asked his dad, "What's an erection?" His dad instantly stopped laughing and said, "I'll tell you later." Then later, as they were walking through the mall, he yelled really loudly, "HEY, DAD! YOU NEVER TOLD ME WHAT AN ERECTION IS!" Naturally his father was mortified.

Say: "Yes that's right honey/dear/son, I have CHECKS for money"

Aww he sounds adorable, but don't worry I'm sure everyone understood what he meant.

Lol! Definitely one for the baby book to share with him later!

jw90 18

Kids will be kids. I'm actually excited for the day I have one of my own. Just to see what they can do to embarrass me in public.

#41, It is not always spelled cheques. In the US (where OP is from according to the FML) it is spelled as checks.

Meh, it could've been worse. He's only four, so some words might be a little hard to pronounce yet; I have a friend with a three-year-old who can't say his S's yet. It's okay, just tell everyone what he meant to say, or do what someone else suggested and reply, "Yes, I have CHECKS for money." :)

spacedragon 4

Is nobody going to say it? Really? Well okay then! Kids say the darndest things!

AshesNicole623 17
YourVoiceofReasn 6

I immediately imagined your child as Sean Connery.