By Mothering - 11/07/2011 09:25 - Australia

Today, I took my 16 year-old daughter to get a bank account, taking her birth certificate with us as requested. When the teller wrote her name down on a piece of paper, my daughter said "How do you know my name?" The teller just looked at her and held up her birth certificate. I raised a nitwit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 162
You deserved it 12 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MyPupRox 2

shes a keeper, dont worry, theres always clown university ;)

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the daughter? I mean , maybe she wasn't paying attention or maybe she spaced out a little. I think her mother saying ' I raised a nitwit' is a bit harsh. She's your frigging daughter woman.

Comments

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the daughter? I mean , maybe she wasn't paying attention or maybe she spaced out a little. I think her mother saying ' I raised a nitwit' is a bit harsh. She's your frigging daughter woman.

i agree because if i was the daughter, and i saw that my mother wrote a rude FML about me, id probably cry/kill her. and if she cant accept her daughter, then why have one?

^^^lol don't you think killing your mother over an FML is a bit much?

no... I've killed mine at least 5 times...

Namaste_fml 2

Yeah, I have severe insomnia and a lot if other health issues that impair my mental function a fair bit, and it sounds like something I would do after a couple of nights without any good sleep. I'm of at least average intelligence, but common problems such as sleep deprivation and such can cause you to seem a bit slow. and we all have those days. I have them a lot now. I feel enough like a moron for doing these things, because I'll realize moments later how stupid it was, so people hardly need to criticize... people feel bad enough. especially a parent. =/

RandomChickXD 0

yeah #18 I agree, I mean doesn't everyone have moments where they space out or say stuff without thinking

hebron77 0

Me too. We all fail to notice stuff like that. and OP, I wouldn't go around calling her a nitwit, cause one day you'll be old and feeble, and she won't want to help you cause you were so terrible.

Emilee_2012 0

#125 Yes. We all have those days, but I don't recall ever forgetting how to spell my name. Also, I find it a little ridiculous that she is getting her a bank. I mean, come on she is 16 freak years old. Getting a bank account should be a few years later when she gets a JOB! If find it tad ridiculous how lazy my generation is. I've had the same job since I was her age.

Emilee_2012 0

Excuse the bad grammar. I, myself, are a grammar Nazi. So I will correct my mistakes. *freaking *in *I

Emilee_2012 0

I would like to apologize. I didn't read the FML correctly. I fail. :| SMH!

Hell, I do stuff like this a lot, and I'm supposed to be at least a little smart. It's not an intelligence thing at all.

... Did you tell her you brought it? Did she see the teller read from it? -optimistic-

dayrin7 4

she had a blonde moment! leave her alone! lol

It's obvious that OP's daughter wasn't paying attention, so calm down with the failing at parenting comments. If not then there's always job for the less educated.

flawedgenius 6

I frequently pull that trick on retail staff when I go shopping. (clue: they wear badges with their names on) and I say "hello _____" to them and they have a confused expression on their face because I addressed them by their name. it's not just the girls or the blonds that suffer this. airheads come in many shapes, sizes and age groups. Some people are naturally slower thinkers (when their brains are ON and it doesn't seem that they always are) it's just a fact of life.

It's not your fault your daughter has issues.

jassi101 5

lol blonde moment??? smh that's mean lol

tntvballgurl1 0

Studies show that 25% of intelligence is inherited. That means you're 25% moron.

lmaoatall 6

thanx doc fore the learnins. now I no ware sum uf me probums cums frum. I b cawling my mummy 2day and tells heer thunx ulot fore me dumniss.

54, if that was your idea of a joke, go jump.

lmaoatall 6

why such a dick 80? take off the poindexter glasses and maybe you'll get laid.

I wouldn't trust her with money if I were you....