By Anonymous - 20/10/2009 06:51 - Canada

Today, I told my girlfriend of eight months that if she didn't start taking my band's music seriously, we couldn't see each other anymore. She said fine, and I hugged her, but then she stood up and said 'I hope we can still be friends,' and walked out the door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 076
You deserved it 72 038

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a jerk for putting your band before your girl.

It's a sign from Jesus that she's not the one. Either that or He's trying to tell you that your music really does suck.

Comments

Why is this an FML? You gave her two options... and she chose one. She probably did you the biggest favor of your life by telling you that your music is so bad, there is absolutely no possible way she can "take it seriously". And if she can't, no one else will either.

Exactly. "I gave my girlfriend two choices and she picked the one I didn't really want" is not an FML.

OhHerrrooo 0

oh jeez. sounds like you didn't deserve each other to begin with. YDI for giving her the ultimatum, though. good luck with your band, and maybe you learned something as far as choosing/staying with your next gf.

RubixMonkey 0

Five years from now she sits at home feeding the baby she's all alone. She turns on TV and guess who she sees. Sk8er boi rocking up MTV. She calls up her friends. They already know And they've all got tickets to see his show. She tags along, stands in the crowd . Looks up at the man that she turned down. He was a sk8er boi she said see ya later boi. He wasn't good enough for her. Now he's a superstar slammin on his guitar to show pretty face what he's worth.

Yeah, because Avril Lavigne is always right. All wannabe pseudopunks who get rejected by girls end up throwing it back in the girls' faces.

TenebrificTurtle 0

WOW you just had to quote that? Lmao, amused for like two seconds until I realized at one point i rocked out to that song. FML

Good luck with your hand, you're going to be seeing a lot of it from now on. Good job, you don't need a girlfriend anyways! You've got your shitty garage band! Drum solo!

You completely deserve it. No one should be told that they have to take something besides the relationship itself seriously to remain in said relationship. You're just lucky she still wants to be friends, I know I wouldn't.

Way to be bitch-slapped by an ultimatum!! You KNOW the odds of them going well is wayyy bad. So you got what you wanted. So how is this a FML??!!?

fckaduck 0

Maybe your music sucks, damn... Is it posted anywhere online that I could hear it? Also, I agree with #5.

harlehatschi 0

if someone said that to me i would probably leave just on principle, even if i did like their music. you should respect people's rights to their own opinions, just keep it away from your girlfriend if she doesn't like it. there are a lot more important things in life than your pretty-much-definitely-going-to-fail-in-the-long-run band.

I'm sorry but YDI. You put the idea in her head.

perdix 29

Good riddance, let her go! You deserve someone worse, much worse. There's probably some idiot girl out there with terrible taste in music that will take your pathetic Journey tribute band as something other than an irritating joke.