By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 23:36 - United States

Today, I talked to my boss about scheduling my urgently needed surgery. She asked me to wait until after Christmas, and told me that I should use vacation time instead of sick leave. She's also not going to give me the total paid time off my contract specifies, because it's "inconvenient." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 2 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

Comments

As eveybody has already stated, you probably could sue your boss and win. Contracts are legally binding, and she has no legal right to deny anything gauranteed to you in said contract for any reason.

Call HR and tell them what is going on. If they won't cooperate, just tell them you are scheduling your surgery and go have it done. You may get fired, but I'd love to hear what they have to say to the Labor Board about why they fired you.

some managers are absolutely selfish and don't care about employees.

imright24 0

If you're going to accept it and just complain on the internet instead of fighting for what you agreed to, YDI.

Psshaw. Sue her. I'm not a suehappy soul... I don't like doing it, but even so. SUE HER!

yeah, that's illegal. grow a pair and tell her your taking sick leave and getting paid for all of it or you'll go to HR to complain about a hostile working environment.

Call a lawyer or the Attorney General and/or Department of Labor for your state?

seximexi911 10

whoa whoa she can't pull that shit. what a ****