By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 23:36 - United States

Today, I talked to my boss about scheduling my urgently needed surgery. She asked me to wait until after Christmas, and told me that I should use vacation time instead of sick leave. She's also not going to give me the total paid time off my contract specifies, because it's "inconvenient." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 2 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

Comments

I had that happen this year. the nice thing is that is illegal and you could tell them your having it tomorrow with a doctors note and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. just make sure you document every thing that happens, conversations, looks you get, what your doing at your job everything. just in case they fire you for a "different reason" then rake them over the coals in court.

GAH! My reply isn't showing up, but I totally agree with boatkicker. This isn't a time to make requests or negotiate. It's a time to make firm plans and inform. Put it in writing, and ask for every response to also be in writing.

Time to call the cops you have a signed contract she has to follow up on it

sounds like you work at a place i call slave on foods

You should be protected under the FMLA regarding needed surgery. Look it up and see if your employer follows it or not. If they do, file under FMLA. If they don't, I'd start looking for another job, and schedule your MUCH NEEDED surgery when you can.

take her to court. or threaten court first, take her if she doesn't comply. if it is in your contract, it doesn't matter what the **** your boss wants to do Bout it because a contract is a legal document

illegal!!!!!! if you get police and law involved, who knows. you might end up being her boss >:-)

Mars_Bars_Big_Na 0

The Boss is trying to take away time given to op in the contract, the problem does not lie in the fact that the time off is not in the contract, but that the boss is trying to break the law.