By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 23:36 - United States

Today, I talked to my boss about scheduling my urgently needed surgery. She asked me to wait until after Christmas, and told me that I should use vacation time instead of sick leave. She's also not going to give me the total paid time off my contract specifies, because it's "inconvenient." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 2 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

Comments

i cringe at the blatant illegality of this situation. *cringes* i'm going through some bullshit moving company rip-off deal as we speak. but this is different. the law, for once, is on your side! |the kid|

Your boss can't stop you from scheduling urgent surgery, make you use vacation time to do it, or dock your pay while you're out. It's illegal. Get a lawyer and sue her.

take her ass to court she wants you dead at your desk? you can't be fired for needing surgery.

What a B*tch, get her fired & take her job!

boatkicker 4

Generally I don't suggest sueing anyone, but when it's in regard to important medical issues, I definitly feel it's the right thing to do. Try again to talk to your boss first. Schedule your surgery. Tell you boss that you ARE taking that time off. It's in your contract that you can, and it's important to your health that you do. If she puts up a fight, let her know that you're calling a lawyer, and then do so (in other words, don't make it an empty threat)

TwoStrikeBadAss 0

Yeah! If her mouth is stitched up, she can't say a word!

megamandude455 10

op if your a guy, tell your boss you'll get in bed with her ;)