By Anonymous - 21/12/2012 14:22 - United States - Cottonwood

Today, I started my first day of work at our local humane society. I asked where the break room was, so my coworker directed me to a small room in the back of the building. The only place I get to take my lunch break is the same room where they euthanize, freeze and cremate the animals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 945
You deserved it 7 901

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home...I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home for dinner... Oh, DAMMIT!

From a business strategy it's perfect. Your employees will never stop to take a break.

Comments

On the bright side, you probably got a great place to reheat the leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch, and you won't be cold this winter. Always look on the bright side of thinsg eh?

crazytwinsmom 25

Always look on the bright side of life!

And if there are any piggies cremated there, OP even gets free bacon. It might be a bit burnt, but who cares!

At our shelter we had the option of a small break room or cages to house 8 more animals at a time. However, we voted on getting the cages instead. Perhaps it was the same there?

perdix 29

Maybe you'll acquire a taste for "bush meat." Hey, they're scheduled to die anyways. . .

olpally 32

Your coworkers are assholes. Why the **** do you have to eat in there?? :(

Also, shelters have more important things to spend their donations on like animal welfare, eat your lunch outside, I've worked in shelters for over 5 years, you get used to it!

shan88 14

I think everyone is like that. If you see something happen to a human in a movie it's like whatever, but if it's a dog people cry. Does this make us compassionate or heartless?

Sounds like you're better off eating in your car or start having picnic lunches.

I would talk to the manager about that.

I would assume that she's messing with me. That's sick if that actually is the break room.