This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anonymous - 18/01/2019 18:00

Today, I spent Christmas alone with my one year old son who cried all day and refused to take a nap at all.. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 525
You deserved it 266

Top comments

What is it with all the Christmas postings 3 1/2 weeks after Christmas? Did the moderators just get back from an extended Christmas vacation?

I think OP’s problem was they were alone and their kid wouldn’t settle. Not that they were annoyed at their kid for not being into Christmas. That’s what I got from it anyway

Comments

He’s already expressing his disappointment over his gifts. I see a lot of coal-filled stockings in this brat’s future.

What is it with all the Christmas postings 3 1/2 weeks after Christmas? Did the moderators just get back from an extended Christmas vacation?

Alup132 22

I mean, I had 4 weeks for Christmas, so you never know

OP - At one year old and having a bad day all day, your child either had a physical bug or cold or was teething or had some other discomfort or they were reflecting your mood. At that age children are only into Christmas as much as their parents impress upon them. A young child can be as happy with a n appropriate $5 toy as with $500 dollars of toys. What they really want at that age is to know they are safe and loved. Later things get more complex. Don’t push very young children into expecting a glut of toys for Christmas.

I think OP’s problem was they were alone and their kid wouldn’t settle. Not that they were annoyed at their kid for not being into Christmas. That’s what I got from it anyway

stitchilicous626_Turo 16

At least they have a great parent to spend the holidays with! It's okay it'll get easier when they're older!

carpediemfoREVer 5

yes **** your life 😹 should've pulled out or put it up for adoption if you didn't want to deal with all they crying, babies are notorious for it 😹🤷‍♀️

For those people who want children and can't would trade places with you in a hot minute, count your blessings.You make me sick complaining about your baby crying It took my wife and myself 7 years to conceive, IUI, IVF, other hormone treatments. so take your complaints and shove them up your ass. When our kid cried it might have been annoying at times but it was still music to our ears

AtomicLondon 8

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to shame any parent for being tired or frustrated. Especially when you are alone and don't have another person there to help or take over for a few minutes. Are you saying it's NEVER okay to be frustrated when your child is crying the entire day? Maybe OP just wanted to vent a little bit, there is Nothing wrong with that. They didn't call their baby a brat, or bad talk the child. Like other people commented, maybe the baby was sick, we don't know the situation. But you can love your child, be willing to take a ******* Bullet for your child (I know I would) and still get tired after a really long day with a fussy baby (I know I do.) Shame on YOU.

2shack 7

So you spent the day doing your job as a parent? Kid’s can be difficult. It’s part of the job.

VenomMouth 2

don't have kids, just enjoy your own life