By ZombieGirl - 11/08/2015 07:43 - United States - Tampa

Today, I signed the lease on my first apartment alone with my boyfriend. We've lived here a month before we got to sign. Today is also the day my neighbors decided to show how they're night owls: all I hear is banging on the walls and them loudly talking and yelling. This will be a long year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 686
You deserved it 1 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1dvs_bstd 41

Return the favor. Personally, I'd prefer roaring or moaning like your life depends on an ****** everytime you have sex. Get creative, OP. Either that or talk to them/landlord. They're both fine choices.

Comments

If this is the first night they've been that unbearable hopefully this isn't how they are normally and you'll go back to getting peaceful nights rest

The real big issue with apartments...town houses are a bit more ideal

corky1992 33

Report them to the landlord and call the cops on them lol.

graceinsheepwear 33

Sounds like it might be a one-time thing if it's just tonight after a month of quiet nights.

The only way the cops get involved is if your neighbours are breaking the law. That means it's your landlord's responsibility. Complain to your landlord until he does something about it or evicts them.

Excessive noise after hours is breaking the law for disturbing the peace. Also, it's easier to evict a tenant with prior official citations.

truckers_wife 23

if this is the first time you've heard it after being there for a month, are you sure it's not just a one time thing?

its alright guys I'm buying a stereo and a Justin bieber cd after work today, I'll show them what a nuisence really is lol

Hope you're buying earplugs for yourself and your boyfriend too. No need to torture yourselves as well.

That does suck, felt that pain... Just one question?! Did you sign for it alone or with your BF? The latter would not be 'alone'.

Look up noise ordinance for your area and see if you can report them for that. Or, since it sounds like they are being violent, say you think there is a domestic violence situation going on.

TheDevilsDevices 15

File a noise complaint. After 3 complaints the apt manager has to take action or they can be evicted. Been there done that.