By Anonymous - 22/09/2017 04:30

Today, I saw a creepy guy grab a woman's ass on the bus, so I caught his arm and put him in an arm lock, only for the woman to hit me in the head with her handbag. Turns out they were a married couple on their way home to have sex, and who couldn't resist a quick grope during the journey. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 089
You deserved it 4 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While your intervention was done with good intentions, it's best to not start things out with physical violence, because you can wind up with assault or battery charges. If you can, get close to the suspected attacker and victim, and loudly ask the victim if they are okay, or if the groper is bothering them. If need be and possible without physically contacting them, place yourself between them. Getting a photo of the attacker before interceding is also a good idea, as it make it more likely that they can be located. If the attacker become physically violent with you or the victim before you or the victim does, you are less likely to have charges filed against you.

Why would you immediately escalate to physical violence

Comments

YDI for instantly going to physical violence. Words would have worked just as well if you had asked if there was a problem.

that's kinda what you get for putting your hands on someone. thats not your place and you should have been arrested.

MayaShanice 6

At least you had good intentions, not many would immediately help out like you did

LittlemissCommunist 6

I never understood people who did stuff like that in public, If you ate actively intimidate with your significant other then good for you but there are people who don't want to see that shit, not to mention children commonly act out things they see and you'd pollute their minds pretty easy with that and get them in trouble, either way, that should be something you keep behind closed doors.

use your words first and not your fists and you’ll get farther in life man. good intentions but babe gut reaction

That's why people say , mind your own business.

And that's why people can be beaten, mugged, raped, and murdered in the middle of a busy street and the murderer gets away clean. There's minding your business, and then there is what you are encouraging, which is giving tacit approval of the immoral actions.

It's a reasonable misunderstanding. There was no real way for you to have known that they were married or getting ready for some fun.

Sometimes you should ask first before doing something like that. Kudos for stepping in when you thought there was something wrong.