By Tingly - 16/08/2010 03:12 - United States

Today, I realized that that tingly feeling on my face when I put a new combination of acne wash, acne medication, and my usual moisturizer on was not, in fact, "it working." It was slowly peeling away the top layer of skin. I look and feel sunburned. I also still have acne and oily skin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 447
You deserved it 6 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been there, OP. So many acne treatments have done more harm than good! Believe me, I know how much it sucks.

Do it yourself dermabrasion? What's next, do it yourself breast augmentation?

Comments

FFML_314 11

Puke in a bag and mail it to the company. Make sure you send a letter along, apologizing for the flakes of skin that probably ended up in the bag.

YDI for using products on your face's skin. YDI for having a face. YDI for having skin.

QwertyMcNugget 0

What were you thinking, mixing three different chemical products and applying them on your face?? Not to mention that if you have oily skin, you'll have oily skin all your life. The acne will probably go away with age, or with birth control pills. The acne medication (given by a dermatologist) might also help, if you use it properly. But using tons of cosmetic products (like creams, moisturizers, lotions etc.), especially in combination, will NOT help. You shouldn't be so naive as to believe everything they say in commercials.

#40 Some acne kits have 3 parts to them (a cleanser, an acne medication, and a moisturizer). It's really not that uncommon...

sallen0046 4

Yes, but those are kits. They have the correct combination and amounts of chemicals to be used all together and not produce the exact effect OP had. You can't just pick random items off a shelf and hope they don't react with each other.

Just because they're in kits doesnt mean theyre portioned properly, either. Acne treatments are hit or miss for everyone, imo.

Hwikek 2

Sorry to hear that mate. Try scrubbing your face with a rough rag. I'd do that if I was still a teenager