By AJL - 04/07/2014 01:30 - United States

Today, I parked my motorcycle in a parking spot. When I came back, my bike had been moved and was laying on its side with a note saying, "Sorry I dropped your motorcycle I was trying to move it forward so I could park my car because there weren't any other spots." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 504
You deserved it 6 671

Same thing different taste

Top comments

91hayek 31

At least they felt obligated to leave an apology instead of an abusive note trying to justify their actions, or no note at all.

darlingdollie 24

That's terrible. Sorry, OP. Karma will come for those who are ignorant and self-centered!

Comments

13- motorcycle owners have to pay for insurance/taxes and everything else just like a car owner so they have every right to park in a car spot. As for OP, I hope you have or are planning to get police involved if any damage was done.

If this were to happen to me, I'd actually be pretty understanding. it gets frustrating when you can't find a parking spot... :/

kingdomgirl94 29

Oh, yeah this guys right! I should park illegally and get a ticket to make his day easier and save him a few minutes of looking! Poor fella just needed a dang parking spot! I might have some sever damage on my bike that could cost thousands to fix, but as long as he got a parking spot, its a-okay!

I agree wierdotron, it is frustrating when you can't find a spot, or when you find a full spot with one bike, but they were there first, and have just as much right to be parked there as someone in a car. if I rode motor bikes and some twat dropped it, I'd be pissed regardless of the reason

The real jerks are the drivers of the tiny cars who pull ALL the way up in the space and make it look empty when you're driving by. Grr.

I really hope there wasn't too much damage !

#31 I want to point out that 13 said "car inaccessible" space. I'm pointing out that doing that scores you a nice 50$ parking ticket. We have motorcycle only parking here in the US. Caveat addendum it's never enough and on the east coast where there are 3-6 months out of the year where motorcycle riding is almost impossible and insanely stupid they really skimp on spots specifically for bikes. I mean bike riders will usually double up in a spot if we see another bike taking a spot. If there's a bunch of us riding together we will stack 4 in a single spot. Bike riders, at least the guys I ride with and around, usually try to be courteous about the whole parking issue. Sorry This turned into a rant but it gets extremely annoying that almost every time I try to park my bike I have to deal with the whole "you don't deserve that parking spot" bullshit.

Unless it was a motorbike parking bay, you actually do deserve it. Might aswell of parked in a disabled spot if that was the case and then wondered why you got abuse.

so what about places that don't have specific motor cycle parking bays? are they just not allowed to park at all? or do they park illegally on a foot path?

Yeah OP! You parked your vehicle in an area designated for vehicles. The *nerve*.

thunderniron 22

Parking spots aren't 'reserved' for cars.

Seriously?!?! A motorcycle is a vehicle. Period. Owners pay the same taxes, licensing and insurance, yet according to you are not allowed the same rights? Get over yourself. Just because it's not as big as a car doesn't mean that a parking spot for vehicles is prohibited to motorcycles. By your logic, a Smart car shouldn't be allowed in a "regular" spot because it doesn't use all the space either. And you're an moron for suggesting someone deserves "abuse" (actually, property damage and probable monetary outlay) for doing something perfectly legal, and well within their rights as a motorist. And where do you think someone should park a vehicle, if not in a parking lot.

ahippienamedrae 10

At least they didn't steal it.

thunderniron 22

That's why always park on the sidewalk near the entrance. People today are such idiots and I have no desire to be in jail again.

Never ever touch a someone else's motorcycle!! First they are really heavy and if you drop it you probably won't be able to pick it up, and it is just plain rude!!!!!

They are actually easy to pick up, it's all in the technique... The problem is the damage that occurred while knocking it over. Which is why it shouldn't have been touched to begin with.