By Anonymous - 16/08/2012 14:30 - United States - Fpo

Today, I ordered ramen to go. I looked at my order and discovered a cockroach. Disgusted, I showed it to them, and they apologized by "replacing" it for free. Later on, while I was enjoying the delicious food, I once again discovered a cockroach buried under all the noodles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 704
You deserved it 6 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wouldn't trust that place a second time no matter how hungry I was.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm guessing these comments are what happens when you're pressured into getting first post. That's disgusting though, tell the manager.

HowAreYouToday 34

I think things could've been worse... OP could have found a cockroach without the roach.

20- I heard about that story! I guess once you cut them off you have the balls to cook and sell.

OP - I think if I hadn't already then I'd actually make myself throw up after that meal, I couldn't handle the thought of eating something that a cockroach has been all over .___.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

In some countries cockroaches are a delicacy...just a thought.

Who orders ramen to-go anyway? Packaged Korean/Japanese ramen =

makeupjunkie 5

I would report them to the health inspectors.

cajekraze 7

OP should call the health department immediately. @45 - Not top ramen like you get 5 for $1. Similar noodles, but better broth and with added veggies and meat

He could mean ramen like Soba noodles. It's similar and it's not quite that 5 for a $1 stuff your thinking of.

Think of it. The cockroach may be a symbol... For their budget.

Exactly, why would you want to get food from them, even for free, when they clearly have sanitary issues? You should have requested for a refund and GTFO

They gave back the same ramen noodles. they just took it to seem like they gave a shit and then gave it back.

Natalle11 6

And it's a delicacy in some countries!

ArielTheMermaid 17

OP I think you should just sue, especially because that happened not once, but twice. That's just so unsanitary

KiiwiiRox 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No matter how big of a jerk someone is nobody deserves a cockroach in their food.

. **** your life OP, make sure you report the restaurant

rizzybear 4

Judging by your comment #5 you seem to have a lot of experience with restaurants thinking you're a jerk. Just because you feel that sending a box of spiders for revenge would be funny doesn't mean the OP needs to sink to your level.

Canchan 12

So , by your logic you have to not be a jerk but then be a jerk ? The restaurant was disgusting , but sending them a box of live spiders would be just as bad . What if those same spiders ended up in your food ?

KiiwiiRox 6

Actually people do do that, at least a cockroach is better than spit or pubic hairs. I've seen people do it to asshole customers. And yes, I would send spiders to them if I had that done to me, but then again I'm not a bitch to people who make or deliver my food so I don't worry about it.

25, there are lots of people that deserve way worse than that. I'm not saying that just being a jerk is enough though.

birdmanjr 1

158, in what universe is a cockroach better than spit? A cockroach vs. pubic hair is debatable, but I would much rather they spit in my food than burry a roach in it.

Yeah I work at a fast food restaurant, and when customers are especially rude I've seen coworkers spit in food, throw it on the ground and remake it, wipe sweat on the food, etc. I've personally never done anything like that, but it does happen. Pardon this cliche, but you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. You don't know if they'll put cockroaches in your food, or unseen nasties like spit or sweat...

They're too cheap to replace it yet instead of just removing the cockroach they hide it?

I got the impression there was more than one cockroach, not the same one?

OP did put quotations around "replace" implying that they thought it was the same cockroach.

Mearemoi 14

Looks like you won't be ordering from there anymore...

Nah, he just needs some lessons from bear grylls first. "Hey, why are there noodles with my cockroach? Waiter!"

I wouldn't trust that place a second time no matter how hungry I was.

flutter4 7

He should turn them in before someone finds something worse than a cockroach in their food.

Natalle11 6

Does it matter? It's an unsanitary bug anyway. It's really just nasty to have in your food!

To be honest, I would have left and never come back after the first incident. That is beyond disgusting. I can only imagine their ramen bowl they have in the kitchen is infested with cockroaches.

Yeah... I don't know why you would trust the second bowl. If I was even still hungry I wouldn't want to eat there... but if I had, I would have picked through the second bowl like 80 times before I even took a bite.