By Samantha - 15/06/2010 18:18 - United States

Today, I'm three months pregnant. Hours after the father of my baby bought me a wedding ring, he decided to get drunk and tell me that he doesn't see himself with me for the rest of his life, and doesn't really want to get married. Oh and he hates my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 366
You deserved it 7 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SaturnE_fml 0

I'm assuming since this is an FML, she's heartbroken. I also assume she wants the child. The first thing, period, to worry about isn't if he wants to stay with _you_, it's does he see himself being an active and stable father? Will he visit regularly, not just on weekends, but after work too? will he take turns with you being the stay home parent on weekends so you both have a life? Will YOU be adult enough to sit beside him at the school play, watching your child together? Will you do everything you can to make sure you're allowing him to be an active father? Can you two both be friends for the rest of your lives, and more importantly stand up for each other against any future partners? If you can answer yes to all of this, your kid has a chance at a great, if different life. You have a chance to get back into the pond, still take care of yourself, and be choosy about your next crush. If the answer to any of those questions to you is "no", you need to sit down and decide what's more important, your convenience or the child's happiness. And you need to consider all aspects of being a parent. If any of them for him are no, you need to immediately start prepping yourself to be strong, independent and still desirable. You don't want to be alone, obviously, but you'll have to be until you find that perfect partner to share not only you, but your child with. Any other options are yours, but think about the child's life before you give birth, you're out of time then.

He wouldn't be the first guy being scared by marriage.. FYL though.

Comments

ninjasaurous 0

Abortion?!?! Noooooo, she could raise it, or put it up for adoption NO abortion.

Anaxes 5

Abortion is easily an option. Not doing something for emotional reasons is always a bad thing.

I've always found that so hypocritical- whether the condom broke or the woman was raped, it still amounts to the same thing; an unwanted pregnancy. Pro-lifers swear that the baby is a living being from conception, so why does rape change this fact? No matter which way you spin it the baby didn't ask to be put there. So I think "abortion is wrong unless you got raped" is pretty silly.

18- I totally agree. Mainly because you are adorable but a lot because I don't believe in it.

EvilDave 13

@34 and 18 If you aren't going to raise all the babies that would result from women not having abortions yourself, shut the **** up.

theChupacabras 0

I like that ure in favor if the kid, but u still name him/her "it". lol.

Actually I believe you'll find that no reputable (ie safe) abortion clinic will perform an abortion in pregnancies where the foetus has passed the 12 week mark which, at three months, the OP has reached. So no, it's not an option.

lilai1396 0

67- People say "unless you were raped" because at that point it was truly not your fault. People know that condoms can break, so when they have sex they should be able to accept the possible outcomes. But still people should let others choose for themselves. I dont agree with abortion but I wouldnt tell somebody they cant get it, people have rights and others should respect their decisions. Anyways i do see your point and sorry if my mini-rant seemed like I was telling you you were wrong.:)

MrCalves 1

because drunk people say the most intelligent things...

Ouch. I really hope he didn't mean it. FYL if he meant it, if he didn't, just brush it off, and it'll be a funny story in a couple of years.

ticklemechantell 0

leave him, find someone better and sue him for child support =D but really, i hope everythng works out for the best =)

EvilDave 13

@26 Yeah, she should get some sap to raise the asshole's kid while she treats the poor sap like shit because her kid comes first.

at least u know before u walk down the isle ... child support here we come

yeah but she probably can't raise a kid on her own stupid anti-flood

You should sit and talk about it with him when he is sober, and really try to see if he is lying.

Could be worse, mine just ran like hell when he found out I was pregnant. At least your guy's giving you a chance

Dam he's an asshole sorry girl must be hella hard for you right now I hope everything goes right for you