By Anonymous - 23/09/2011 05:47 - United States

Today, I'm being admitted to the hospital for severe exhaustion. Why am I exhausted? For spending 12 hours at the hospital while my sister gave birth. The same hospital I'm being admitted to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 873
You deserved it 5 984

Same thing different taste

Top comments

samikitty961 8

you have severe exhaustion for being awake for 12 hours? thats only half of a day!

pnutbudajelly 0

I work at a hospital and had to cover a sick nurse's shift last week. I worked 14 hours straight without a break, on top of having been up 10 hours prior to that. Either you got totally duped into letting them admit you, or you're an abnormally weak individual...

Comments

cudi504 4

They dont want you to leave O.O

how does it suck? I'm confused... what was op doing to tire themselves out so much that they were admitted to hospital? in only 12 hours?!

Yeah, i mean, plenty of people around the globe go to clubs and come back home at about 8-9:am after about 24 hours without severe exhaustion. FYL OP, it must've been very rough for you, sorry it was that terrible, but you're an aunt now so i think it was worth it

You now what, i don't sympathise with OP anymore, way to weak. I was awake in a hospital for 48 hours, looking after my father who got surgery

6- I ACTUALLY, and unfortunately, know the individual in question in your profile picture. It's kinda weird when you know someone who is an internet sensation for a picture taken of them when they were younger. I use 'Internet sensation' rather loosely by the way...

Wow. OP would not fare well in the military. Sleep deprivation is normal and expected. I've seen guys pass out in the ditch while doing a section attack or pass out walking.

Acousticpixie14 6

Whoa, whoa...wait. You sister GAVE BIRTH and you are admitted for exhaustion? Quit being a damn pansy ass, she spent twelve hours pushing a damn baby out of her ******, and YOU'RE exhausted? Goddamn softie.

jes1610 6

12 hours... So. 24 hours in a day most people only get 8 hours of sleep a night(recommended and on average) so, now, I'm not very good at math but I think 24-8 is 16. Meaning just about every day people are awake for roughly 16 hours working or studying etc. So, that being said, why did this get pushed through?

No, it's an expected outcome, really. Wait, only 12 hours?

I was just thinking: Only twelve hours? YDI. I spent 30 with my child's mother.

Smokingweenies 3
tweetypie 18

He means his child's mother. -_-

I don't know why OP's complaining, that's just plain ole' convenient!

Kefka91 15

I think it would be ironic if we were all made of iron!

Actually, it'd be heavy if it were all made of iron.

Why do you think so? Not all FML's have to be someone's fault. It just sucks.

I wasnt saying anything or blaming the hospital. It was a question. Didn't you see the question mark? And I know that not all FML's are someones fault.

I think you made a legitimate point, zerolce. The fact that OP stated it was the same hospital at the end of the FML would seem unnecessary and pointless unless it was b/c the hospital had caused the exhaustion making the statement unfortunate and ironic.

Well, at least you won't have to pay for an ambulance.

That's so funny, but right. Saving money on ambulance

Now you get to spend some quality time with your sister.

samikitty961 8

you have severe exhaustion for being awake for 12 hours? thats only half of a day!

GrammarNazzzzzi 6

Yeah...most people wake up at 6:00am for work or school and they go to sleep at 11:00pm...

8, I was wondering the same thing... Twelve WHOLE hours?! Was OP awake for 7 days straight before or something?

bertoelmexicano 6

Dude. Last winter I worked 16 hours shoveling snow as a job during the biggest snowstorm Minnesota had this year. I was 15.

nativepimp 1

Dude this summer I worked 10 hour days for a week in the hottest minnesota summer I was 15..high five!

You guys are the future of America and that is a very good thing! Good job dudes!

If anyone should be exhausted, it should be the sister that was in labour for 12 hours!

I think what op means that she was up the whole day and then up another 12 hours for the labor I dunno lol she's weird

goobergirlie 5

Even then there shouldn't be SEVERE exhaustion.

thiscrazything 1

WTF? OP was not even the one that gave birth. 12 hours, really???? If you can't stay up for 12 hours without becoming "exhausted" you have some serious health (or mental) problems.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't see a problem with being in the same hospital.

pnutbudajelly 0

I work at a hospital and had to cover a sick nurse's shift last week. I worked 14 hours straight without a break, on top of having been up 10 hours prior to that. Either you got totally duped into letting them admit you, or you're an abnormally weak individual...

Or 11, you're an uncaring human being..

Um...12 hours is nothing. #11 isn't being uncaring. The OP is ridiculous. Most people are up for usually 16 to 20 hours of every day.

she spent 12hrs AT the hospital, doesn't say she was UP for only 12hrs.

she spent 12hrs AT the hospital, doesn't say she was UP for only 12hrs,possibly more

18, my husband is an EMT and before I gave birth to our daughter he was on a truck for 48 hours and ran the whole time. He spent 72 hours at the hospital with me on about 5 hours of sleep. OP sounds weak. There are many people in the healthcare field actually doing stuff for 12+ hours on little to no sleep.

I was saying that because some people get really exhausted faster then others, so 11 is being uncaring, by coming to conclusions without knowing everything. Like for me, I get exhausted faster then other people do

If she is so uncaring why would she be a nurse..

84, but why would OP be dehydrated? It's a hospital, lots and lots of water. Plus, with the information given, it seems ridiculous that 12 hours WITH, not even being, someone in labor is enough to be admit for exhaustion. While working at a hospital you get to see a lot of babies, some are even full grown, doesn't mean nurses aren't caring-just means they won't always feel sorry for you, especially if they've pulled longer and more stressful shifts than a labor bystander. It's not like OP had to do anything during the labor.

tweetbaby14 18

Or, 12, OP is a pansy ass. Most people are awake for more than 12 hours EVERYDAY. I've even gone without sleeping for two days twice and I wasn't the tired at all. OP is just a complaining crybaby that can't handle staying up for 12 whole hours.