By VacationRuined - 16/06/2013 23:22 - Japan - Tokyo

Today, I left for a one and a half month trip to Japan with my boyfriend. He promptly broke up with me the first night in the hotel. When asked why he couldn't have waited until the trip was over, he said he didn't want to create "false memories". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 906
You deserved it 3 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a heartless prick. I'm really sorry OP.

Just because there are a lot of fish doesn't mean she can catch them.

Comments

Mynameislinh 24

Wow. Time to kick him out of the hotel with only the clothes on his back.

Make the best of a bad situation, hit on a ton of men in japan, Japanese men are adorable.

What a nut job , you should have asked him why did he not break up with you before the trip!

I would of asked why he didn't do it before you left for the trip, not why he couldn't wait until after the trip.

Exactly. Especially because I kind of understand why he wouldn't wait till afterwards. If something happened that made him want to break up before the trip, he'd be pretending to like you that whole time, and it would really be "false memories" for you, in the sense that you'd be being lied to.

I feel like were missing something here, like something that happened between leaving on the trip and him breaking up with her.

"Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. Tomorrow I'm leaving on a one and a half month trip to Japan with him. FML" It doesn't matter if he broke up with the OP before, during or right after the vacation, because all would have been bad timing.

kidsgotastinky 11

I guess he didn't wanna love you long time :/

Grauncho 27

Yeah. He's going to make "true" memories with hordes of cute Japanese ladies instead.

this literally just happened to me. i got home to tokyo after a year of long distance and she broke up with me the next day. fyl OP, we should meet up for drinks and moan about our shitty significant others

BreynHope 11