By Sheliton - 18/01/2012 01:39 - United States

Today, I learned how awful intertrigo smells. I spent a ton of money and years of my life to become a health care provider apparently to treat the yeast infection between an obese woman's fat folds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 403
You deserved it 5 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uncertain on how to vote here, on one hand that sucks, but then again it is a job you trained for. Actually, I made up my mind. You became a health care provider by choice, and by obviously knowing it wasn't all going to be sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts.

Charge an extra fee per fold for the emotional trauma

Comments

Yeah. You became a doctor and had to treat someone's legitimate medical condition. Did you think you'd be treating nothing but supermodels with severe nymphomania?

But every job has its ups and downs, just because you chose to be a roofer doesnt mean you cant express a little frustration in the peak of summer. Op just needed to vent a little, she'll get used to it.

I do agree that a person should be able to express frustration...but in the right setting. I imagine that after reading this, a number of people are now going to feel too ashamed to seek medical treatment for fear of being judged by their own doctor. This is not the right setting for a doctor to complain.

Uh... an anonymous venting website? This is exactly the place for that stuff. Doctors are human. They shouldn't be forced to hide their opinions to the point that even vague, anonymous venting is not allowed.

104, I think people are taking issue with the way it's worded as though having done training means they shouldn't have to deal with health issues they deem to be "icky". Simply saying you've had to go through this is enough without the attitude.

See now 104, here's the problem with your logic. While a doctor is, in fact, human...they also take an oath to do no harm. If a doctor's inappropriate venting causes someone to be too ashamed to seek medical treatment for a real medical problem...I would say that doctor did some harm. So yeah, it's kind of their job to hide their opinions when it comes to things like this.

madz5758 10

You knew what you were getting into. That's the beauty with health care.. You never know what you're gonna get.

thatKidzmOm 10

That comment is a little contradictory. They knew what they were getting into yet you never know what you're gonna get?

Absolutely correct. You know you're getting some nasty shit, but the exact nature of that nasty shit is unknown until you get it.

GoW_Chick 14

...and that's when the nightmares began doctor.

"Nurse, can you take over here?" *runs*

Ydi for not realizing that's the kind of shit you'd have to deal with on occasion.

I doubt I would have the same passion to help a morbidly obese person with questionable hygiene that I would to help a child with cancer. As a doctor you can't pick and choose who you treat (at least not in the UK where I'm from), but they are only human and will have preferences and private opinions of people with potentially self-inflicted/preventable conditions, just like anyone.

jjtothemax17 6

For the amount of money you make, I would GLADLY take your place. What's a few fat rolls?

Where in the fml does it say how much money they make?