By emancipate my ass - 24/07/2016 04:02

Spicy
Today, I had to listen from the next room as my dad cheated on his girlfriend with his married boss. He's 57, looks like a troll, and doesn't smell much better than one either. Meanwhile I'm 24 and couldn't get laid, much less get a date, if my life depended on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 713
You deserved it 1 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP you gotta get your confidence up. People find it sexy. As for your dad, hopefully karma comes for him soon...

Comments

You're envying an almost 60yr old, ugly, cheating, scumbag who helps other people cheat too. Who cares if you can't get anything romantically, at least you're not that big of a douche bag. Don't worry, your time will come, the one good thing you could probably learn from your dad is confidence. People are drawn to that more that more than anything. Also, you don't have to, I understand the loyalty to your father might be hard to go against, but if I were you, I'd tell his gf. No one deserves the kind of treatment that your dad is putting that poor woman through.

Your dad's a piece of shit. But for you OP I suggest you get on dating websites or do something you don't normally do that usually helps. And if not then the perfect girl is out there for you somewhere just wait on it.

I don't think OP envies his dad. He's just stating the fact that his dad has a relationship with two women and he has none. If OP tells on his dad about him cheating, who knows how the dad will react and affect their relationship. As for OP finding a date, if the girls aren't coming to him, then he can get advice from many people here. Good luck OP. Remember to be respectful even when a girl turns you down. She'll see how mature you are and maybe change her mind.

Envy means desiring a quality, possession, or other attribute which belongs to someone else. The comparison of his dad being an old, unattractive, smelly man, who can still get laid by multiple people, where's he's a young, probably more upstanding person, who can't even get a date, that implies envy as he is desiring at least a little of the "romantic" experience/prowess that his dad gets.

I totally disagree with your comment. We don't know what attracted that married woman to OP's dad. But it's not envy or admiration from OP because his dad has two women. OP is baffled as to how his physically unattractive dad has more than one woman at his age compared to him with none at his age. OP shouldn't feel bad about his situation because I believe he will be an honest man once he has his own girlfriend and relationship.

Ah, I see what you're saying, I agree with you in that case, but I still think there's a little envy there as well.

I hope little to no envy because then that would mean that OP would want to do the same thing as his dad. And that would make OP a terrible person. Hypothetically speaking.

TMO2142 25

Hope he's good then. Could be risking termination.

There's someone out there for you, OP. You'd be surprised where you might find love, you might even find a date here on FML, who knows?

drayloon 50

Yeah, anything could happen, right? lol

quarterbird 18

A. Cheating = Bad. B. Hatin' on dad because he's having sex and you aren't = Bad.

He's not hating on his dad for having sex. He's hating on him for cheating with another cheater, while lamenting how unjust it is that he can't even get a date despite not being a smelly old cheating troll. *Huge* difference.

quarterbird 18

Yeah... Hating. If the issue was simply his shitty luck with women, he wouldn't have felt the need shit-talk his own dad. He would've just complained about his shitty luck.

Hey #59. OP is not hating. OP is just stating the obvious. OP is comparing his young and womanless life to his 57 year old dad who is physically unattractive and has two women. One happens to be the dad's girlfriend who the dad is cheating on. You must think cheating is okay and that OP is "hating" on a cheater.

quarterbird 18

Yeah... Because me saying "Cheating = Bad" means exactly that. Reading is fundamental. Now... Just because everyone is sympathetic toward OP's plight and his father is being a scumbag doesn't mean that he isn't hating. He's literally complaining about his father's good (scumbag) fortune and talking trash about his dad's looks/hygiene while simultaneously lamenting his own dating misfortune. He gets sympathy for being lonely and whatnot, but he's still hating on cheater dad.

ezrajab 22

That's terrible your dad should be ashamed of himself!

I dunno, something rubs me the wrong way about OP listening to two people do something horrible to the ones theyve committed to- one being his own dad- and spinning it into "it SUCKS cause IM horny". I get that people are three-dimensional and the story's gotta be short, but I stand by what I said.