By wowjuststop - 03/10/2009 01:01 - United States

Today, I got offered a ride to go home for the weekend. I go to college six hours away from home and haven't seen my family for almost two months. When I called my mom with the good news, she told me not to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 978
You deserved it 2 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mother and father are obviously shooting a raunchy fart fetish porno with a few of the neighbours at your house and would rather not include you.

Antivirus_fml 0

Maybe thy're having sex & don't want you to disturb them.. or get disturbed by them. :p

Comments

Blah Blah...so ******* what? I'm so tired of these "I haven't seen my parents in 1-3 month" stories. How about you grow a pair and actually try living on your own.

happysmartg 5

how is this an fml? this is so stupid. two months isn't long. i stayed away from my mom for 2 months and im 12.

Gaiwa 0

Perhaps they that you become adult or something... I mean 2 months.... really.... when I relocated with 18 I visited my family after 12 years at chrismas. Next time was 16 month later for easter. You can call them or write an Email, thats more than enough. But seriously, thought about that exactly THIS could be the reason why they dont want you to come?

Sun_Kissed18 25

She may have just had other plans, don't overreact and plan ahead next time :)

You're leaving out info...why did she say not to come? It's a lame FML otherwise.

why would you even want to go see your family? I can't wait for college so that I'll never have to see them again

Espion_fml 1

Because his family isn't your family. Some of us actually like our families.

They put up with you for 18 years or so and finally get a little peace and quiet, and BACK YOU COME! Ugh.

You are the EPITOME of UGH. So do us all a favor and SHUT THE **** UP.

You need time to adjust to college. Going home so soon can really mess up the adjustment process.

I agree with #16. Some questions. 1. Why did you go to college that far away if your family is that important? 2. If you're six hours away, isn't that gonna add up to like, less than one day, and wouldn't that make it not worth it? 3. Why not hang out with your friends for a social outlet? 4. Is it really that "family is important to you," or is it that "family does my laundry/makes my food/inflates my ego/buys me clothes?" It seems that the former would foster reciprocal desire to reunite, so I suspect the latter.

they tell parents not to let their kids come home til christmas cause they're less likely to want to stay home