By Anonymous - 23/12/2010 10:04 - United States

Today, I got fired from my job. My manager found Facebook pictures of me drinking underage at a party. He said he didn't want "that kind of image" associated with the business. It was his birthday party. He supplied the booze. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 242
You deserved it 20 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that sucks bit it's still pretty much your fault

thaprince1226 0

don't add ur bosses on Facebook it's that simple.

Comments

sourgirl101 28

Because it was at HIS birthday party, even the more reason. He, himself doesn't want to be in trouble for YOUR underage drinking. Many companies have strict no-fraternizing rules. *FB destroys lives. That's why I don't own one.

Where the hell does fraternizing come in to this? Fraternizing =/= drinking or partying. It means you can't screw your coworkers.

ashisthebomb 0

wow... you are really dumb for drinking underage or doing anything illegal in front of your boss. you should've already known that you were going to get fired...and then your dumb brain decided that it would be a good idea to put it on facebook??? oh and you're a girl?? have some class!! YDI YDI YDI

"Oh, and you're a girl..." Why the **** does that matter?

ashisthebomb 0

are you dumb????? it matters because girls should have more class than guys and they should be more responsible... you obviously wouldn't know what class was.. or responsibility for that matter

So you're saying that only guys are allowed to make stupid mistakes when they're young? That only guys are allowed to drink at all? We don't even know how much she drank, it might've only been one or two that wouldn't even be enough to get her drunk. Everyone makes stupid mistakes when they're young, and it's not restricted to gender. Yes, I think people should have more class than to go out and get smashed under-age and be more sensible than to post the pics, but that goes both ways. Why should only girls have to be responsible? Should guys not have to share some of it and have more class themselves?

ashisthebomb 0

I'm not limiting it to just girls.... I'm just saying that I wouldn't have been as shocked if it was a guy because they usually don't carry themselves as well as ladys should. I understand where you're coming from cinn and I really enjoy your comments :)

ashisthebomb 0

I'm not limiting it to just girls.... I'm just saying that I wouldn't have been as shocked if it was a guy because they usually don't carry themselves as well as ladys should. I understand where you're coming from cinn and I really enjoy your comments :)

I still don't understand why "ladies should" conduct themselves any different than men. You're an idiot.

Thank you, Ashisthebomb. However, it was the way that you worded it by saying that girls should have more class, implied that you were limiting it just to girls. And you kinda are by saying that you would almost expect this if it were a guy but don't expect it from a girl. And you're also talking about how 'ladies should', when really it should be how 'people should'. If girls should have class, then so should guys. I'm not saying all people should lower their standards, it's possible to go out and have some drinks and still retain at least some class, but that there shouldn't be double standards.

ashisthebomb 0

I'm not limiting it to just girls.... I'm just saying that I wouldn't have been as shocked if it was a guy because they usually don't carry themselves as well as ladys should. I understand where you're coming from cinn and I really enjoy your comments :)

Yeah, I got that, seeing as it's a carbon copy of the last comment I replied too.

TerrorDollie 0

YDI for taking pictures and putting them on facebook! Just because there was booze doesn't mean you HAD to drink.

This is yet another example of Facebook contributing to the eventual downfall of mankind. If you put up damning pictures of yourself, they will be seen. Expecting anything else is sheer insanity. Noone forced you to drink the alcohol, and noone forced you to post the pictures. You screwed yourself, and you deserve to go down in flames. You personify stupidity. Congratulations.

ulicksam 0

I'm sure boss is of legal drinking age so he's allowed to have booze at his party. OP never said boss gave it to her. She was stupid to drink and even stupider to post the pictures. YDI.

AntoshaChekhonte 6

I love all the "well, you shouldn'ts". Life is full of "shouldn'ts" and if we listened to them all, everything would be ******* boring. I shouldn't drink occasionally, since I'm just barely not 21. I shouldn't have smoked pot a few times. I shouldn't have left my family, run off for a year and a half, then come back broke with a few college credits and some memories of working at a theme park. It sounds like no one here has /ever/ made a mistake that resulted in consequences. No one here could possibly ever find themselves in a ****** up situation and want to make an inconsequential, meaningless post on an anonymous site to feel just a little bit better. ...Jesus, I think I need more coffee this early in the morning.

Of course everyone makes mistakes. I don't think anyone here (except maybe KaySL) would ever claim to be perfect. But you also can't expect to post a story that so blatantly puts you in a bad light and expect people to have sympathy. "I drank underage, posted the pictures online, and lost my job! Boo hoo!" "Aww, you poor thing! It's ok, everyone makes mistakes! Chin up, buckaroo!" Please. OP is hanging out his dirty laundry and should fully expect the consequences of doing so.

OP put photos of them doing something illegal. And I'm not perfect either, but I accept the concequences and don't go blaming others. Of course I think it's a sucky situation for OP, but still, accepting the concequences of foolish actions is part of being an adult..

I love you for this remark. Kudos to you!

Lozer32 0

******* threaten the bastard! He can get n sum shiiiiiiiiz for tht!!!

I saw "underage" and instantly clicked YDI. He's allowed to supply the booze if he's old enough to purchase them legally. You were underage. That booze was not meant for you. Don't make it seem like it's all his fault.