By Anonymous - 08/06/2019 00:02

Today, I got dressed, did my hair, carefully applied my makeup, sprayed myself with perfume, grabbed my bag and put on my coat. I got to the door, and then realised that I had nowhere to go, nothing to do and none of my friends were answering my calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 478
You deserved it 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go downtown! The lights are much brighter there, you can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares.

I usually have the opposite problem. I stay home looking like a homeless person until I realize at the last minute that I have to be somewhere and then I rush to get ready and out the door. I don't think I've ever thought I had somewhere to go when I didn't 🤷🏽‍♀️

Comments

Go downtown! The lights are much brighter there, you can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares.

You might want to reconsider your way of planning what you're doing. Maybe think about what you're going to do and where you're going before you dress up next time?

Why? Just check the "What to do today" section of your city's newspaper, or if you live in a small town, go to the local bar and dance. This could be the beginning of a nice romantic sitcom.

I usually have the opposite problem. I stay home looking like a homeless person until I realize at the last minute that I have to be somewhere and then I rush to get ready and out the door. I don't think I've ever thought I had somewhere to go when I didn't 🤷🏽‍♀️

Sonotsuave 35

Omg are you me because I’m the same, I legit have messy hair in sweats looking like shit and then realize I have less time than I thought to be somewhere or go meet someone 😅

That's me, too! "Still hours to go. No need to rush... Oh I need to leave in 10 minutes? Guess I better go shower..."

Mooglefox 23

All dolled up with no where to go...

So... go do something then. Nowhere to go and nothing to do is silly. There's always somewhere to go and something to do. Take yourself to a movie or lunch, sit in a coffee shop with a book, walk around and explore the town, shop or window shop, hang out in a park, see if there are any events/festivals going on around town and go to one. Maybe you'll even meet new friends in the process who want to answer your calls (though honestly, we know so little here, was it like 5 minutes or 5 weeks that your friends haven't answered for. Maybe they all were just busy for the day.) Being able to entertain yourself is really important and something everybody should be able to do. And I totally get anybody can just have days where they just really had their heart set on going out with friends, even if you're usually good at entertaining yourself but it's still not worth ruining your whole day over. Still enjoy your day and catch up with friends later. People get busy with other aspects of life, other friends, family, or sometimes they just need to take a break from everything for a day or two and recharge, letting their lives ruin yours is silly.

Oh hey let's talk fun things to do! So first, if it's daytime? The library has whole loads of things to do; museums are fun; art galleries are the PERFECT place to be all dressed up. Look up 'things to do in (my city)' for some ideas--if you have hot springs I can definitely recommend those. If it's nighttime, you can download an app on your phone and stargaze at the local park; you can get some groceries and make yourself a fancy meal to eat all dolled up; you can go see a movie or go see if there's a seasonal event like ice skating or a festival. You don't need to hang out with anyone--go outside and enjoy new things! Odds are, you'll make a friend when you get there.